Need help with game design for a sword fighting game

Hey Developers, I want to make a Sword Fighting game and I need help on how I can approach this design with fun experience for users.

The game will have a lobby and maps you will also be able to purchase and upgrade weapons in the lobby.

I’m bad at writing these :confused:

3 Likes

Hey! I’m certainly not the best when it comes to drafting games, but I can atleast point you in the right direction.

It sounds like you have a base idea of what you want to do, that’s good! I wish I could figure out half the stuff I work on with details like that :joy:

I would suggest drafting a list of features you want your game to include. Not only that, but also what you could personally do differently from other games of the same genre; that’s key I think. What could your game offer that other games don’t offer? I personally think that’s key to getting your game popular in an easier way; create an intriguing concept.

In terms of actually coming up with these features, I don’t really know what to say. You could check out other sword fighting games and see what they’re doing, then you could take those ideas and make them your own.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

Howdy!
Whenever I approach fleshing out a new game idea, I always put it into a document.
DieSoft made a helpful document that covers everything from basic user controls to a monetization strategy. You can find it here:

Over time I’ve developed my own format for game design, but this one helped me get a lot of game ideas out of my head and into a readable, understandable document.
Hope this helps, have a good day :smiley:

3 Likes