Need Help With Gamepass

Trying to get it so it will connect with the game ones instead of the asset or something else.
Right so when I go to the https://www.roblox.com/game-pass/{example}/view but I used my ID for it it doesn’t seem to come up with my gamepass still when I try to walk into it on the game.
I have searched everywhere to see a solution but not really figured this new system out.

Hope that I can figure this out soon, cause always pops up with someone else’s and not mine.

I cannot comprehend what you are trying to achieve here. Can you elaborate the process?

Right so my gamepasses I have tried to connect it to my gamepass door but when I do it comes up with someone else’s like a T-Shirt or a game.ya%20yeet

Hey! Could you please share the script you are using? You may be using the old game pass script and I would be glad to help. :slight_smile:
More info: [Live] Changes to Game Passes

Here is the gamepass part of the script.

1 Like

I use (“MarketplaceService”).PromptGamePassPurchaseFinished and (“MarketplaceService”):UserOwnsGamePassAsync that works for me

Perhaps it’s because there are now gamepass ID and asset ID separated. What you’re looking for is the gamepass ID.

To find the difference: New way of getting Game Pass ID

Also MarketplaceService, not GamePassService as it is deprecated.

Here’s the purchase script:

game:GetService("MarketplaceService"):PromptGamePassPurchase(player, id)

Here’s the Check GamePass script: MAKE SURE TO USE USERID!!!

game:GetService("MarketplaceService"):UserOwnsGamePassAsync(player.UserId, id)

Tell me if it works. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’ll have a try now be back in 5 minutes or so.

1 Like

So, I changed it to the game:GetService(“MarketplaceService”):PromptGamePassPurchase(player, id)

where do I put the Gamepass Script I get lost on some stuff.

I think the script looks pretty much perfect now. I don’t know why I included the check script. lol

1 Like

Lol, I’ll have a try in game be back soon

1 Like

I have a guess that it won’t work. Hmm…

1 Like

Did I say something wrong? Would appreciate feedback. lol

1 Like

It’s still considered a gamepass if it come’s up like that right?

asdasd

1 Like

Yeah, I think. Lemme check in one of my games just to make sure.

1 Like

I checked the API and it does not return a boolean according to this document:
https://developer.roblox.com/api-reference/function/MarketplaceService/PromptGamePassPurchase

Edit: It appears to return some value at least, which is void; nil.

1 Like

Yup! It shows up as ‘Product’ for some reason.

1 Like

Okay, thanks for your help everyone! :smiley:

1 Like

PromptGamePassPurchase does not return anything. Void indicates that the method does not have return values.

2 Likes