Need help with getting this walk animation more realistic

Hello! Does anybody know how I can make the walking animation shown here more realistic? Currently it looks pretty robot like, and I’m not sure how I’d make it more human like. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey!
For future reference could you possibly post a clip instead of the game link? a lot of people do not have time to join a game.

The animation isn’t playing in-game. Could you double check it to make sure it’s working properly?

1 Like

The walk animation? Really? I’ll send a clip too. Maybe I posted the wrong one, since I have 2 of the same name. Lemme check…

If you mean on the character, I have the default animations (rthro). as of the models off to the side aren’t moving.

1 Like

Just as I thought, I linked the wrong game, sorry! Here’s the right one.

Link does not seem to be working, but I’ve found the correct game.

1 Like

I fixed the link, sorry for the trouble…

Definitely does seem stiff. The walk rate doesn’t seem to match it.

I would put more movement into the lower-arm joints and more swing in the upper. I believe everything else if fine as it is. Perhaps also make the walkspeed faster by 1-3.

1 Like

Try now? I made the upper arm’s swing further, I think it should look better

I think I know why it looked “much better”. The scripts broke. You were doing the rthro walk animation, not the custom made one. Also the player faces the camera’s direction script is really screwing around with the way the torso and head moves. I should find a way to make it only move the head while moving, but during idle move the upper torso and the head.

Well I fixed it, all I need is to make the animation better :slight_smile:
Edit: You know the current walk anim, the stiff one? I figured out I can use it as a walking down the stairs animation, then fix it and make it a walk animation, as well as making a walk upstairs animaion.

After viewing the character walk animation I would recommend to make the arms move slower. Just as a sort of testing. Another would be to slowly decrease the speed as it reaches an endpoint.

1 Like

@EthanDSYT This drawing doesn’t says you how to make the animation.
But here you can see the initial poses to make it!

Also:

5 Likes

Hey do you need a animation fix?
i can help

I can animate motion capture realistic level animations now, thanks for the support :slight_smile: