Need help with Inverse Kinematics on a Custom Rig

Hi all,

I want to make inverse kinematics for a custom rig I’ve created using an old custom RigEdit Plus for a Direwolf, which I want to use for my game.

It is rigged, and can be animated using the default ROBLOX Animator, but the IK Button I’ve seen others use doesn’t even show up, so I can’t use IK in the creation of actual animations. Its Humanoid is set to R15, and it has a full rig with Motor6Ds, but the IK button doesn’t appear in the animator.

But that isn’t really my main concern, what I really want to accomplish is IK footplanting and for a lack of better words, something similar to physics based suspension so that it doesn’t fling itself into space when crashing into something. Even at slow speeds, if it crashes directly into something it seems to send itself into orbit. (All using an old script that just modified its walkspeed using the Humanoid).

I’ve included three images of the Rig, the Model, and the Explorer to show the parts and names. Where can I start for custom footplanting and making sure it is capable of walking on rough terrain and running across it without being sent into Low Earth Orbit?

Thanks,
Lucidael

1 Like