Need Help With My Loading Screen

I’m trying to create a leading screen inside of my obby game but whenever I play it the protip does not show up, also is there anyway I can improve this loading screen?

1 Like

Is ProTipText visible?
I’d also suggest using WaitForChild on GUI Objects, as they sometimes load in after the script, throwing an error.
And, you’re using math.random incorrectly.
It’s usage is: math.random(StartNumber, EndNumber) (In your case, math.random(1, #ProTip))

1 Like

It looks like you’re just using a loading screen for aesthetic purposes. There really isn’t a point to it and you’ll just drive away a small percentage of all visitors.

Also to help we need to see some source code of the loading screen.

1 Like

The code is at the end of the video.

I think the problem is that your gui is destroyed before the 10 second wait has completed.

I don’t see where it is being destroyed but it goes off your screen so I assume something is killing it.

1 Like

A slightly late reply but, since both the while loop and PlayerAdded event are running in the same thread, either or doesn’t run, which would most likely be the PlayerAdded, because the while true do loop is constantly yielding.

1 Like

The connection would fire even with a loop running (after it). I suspect that he is destroying the script before that 10 second wait. (or else maybe his frame isn’t enabled/visible)

1 Like