Need help with neon UI

It is possible to make the UI look like that without the need to upload them as images.

Adding the Frame with UI Gradient and UI Corner. And then add a TextLabel with UI corner so that the Text can position correclty (Or Image Label if you want it to match the textured background, also include the Text over it and position it correcty so that the text positions perfectly, and then make the background of it invisible (BackgroundTransparency to 1)). Make sure that if you want a part that is clickable must be in an appropriate size, fitting in the button. You can also animate the UI Gradient (like for example when the mouse hovers over the button the Gradient effect plays).

Later in the day, I’ll give it shot and see if the UI creation can match the said image.

1. UICorners can be pretty laggy in larger amounts
  2. This method won’t make the middle of the button transparent

Try adding a highlight to the buttons to give off a shiny look sort of like this.

[1] Does it really? I didn’t find any lag when I used UI gradiets like that.

[2] My apologies for the mess up. Like what I said before, I’ll make that UI and if it comes out successful, I’ll talk you through how I did that.

1. Well I haven’t used UIGradient too much but I heard other people say it has bad performance in larger amounts

2. I don’t think you can cut holes in UIs like that

I have created the UI but without the textured background and the icons. So I think it should be possible to create UI’s like that.

If you want the icons, you need to upload them as images and without a background or a background colour matching the background of the UI and/or text button colour (so that the entire button becomes clean), the drawback is that depending on the icon size and the area you place, it can obstruct the text button (where you need to click).

:point_down: Just to clear up the confusion, this was what I was trying to say in the last posts

DEV2

Note that if the text is behind the gradient, you need to set it’s ZIndex high enough for it to be visible and behind both the background and the gradient part. Also the values of the UI corners are set to 1.

As to what you said in your last post:

I’ll find out if the UI customisations (like UI Gradient, UI Corner, etc) tend to cause lag to players.

You cannot cut holes in UI’s, just only making it roundy. You can make shapes with them. Tbh, doing that requires lot of UI parts to create the perfect shape, which could cause strain on the device, so it would be recommended to upload shapes as pictures.

Sorry if I have confused you, because I alway mess up when I type something and don’t check what I’m trying to say correctly… :thinking:

2 Likes

Use an external software to do this, Its much for simpler, Just a gradient stroke and turn fill opacity to 0%

Don’t use external software to add the gradient, simply make the outline image white and import it to roblox. You can then apply any coloring to it instead of having to import separate image for each color.

No you dont, but It is SOO much easier too use it. Prefer to use an annoying studio layout where in an app you can just make a rounded rectangle, make a stroke and set fill to 0%. Why take longer when there is a more efficient route :slight_smile:

So you can change coloring quickly without having to open app, edit image and upload it every time you want a different button appearance.

You can simply just change a few numbers in the UIGradient.

I think this topic belongs in #help-and-feedback:art-design-support. Anyway, here is the tutorial:

1 Like

Watch this 30 second clip of me making it :slight_smile: much quicker than studio: Photopea | Online Photo Editor (loom.com) Well?

Me quickly making one in 4 minutes or so. Much easier to manage then using images, I personally think.
Ugh, Vimeo makes it low quality, so just use the WeTransfer link.
https://we.tl/t-zYv3tNlbD4

1 Like

No need to download an MP4, :slight_smile:

1 Like

Using a separate image for each button, especially in roblox, who can moderate you for no reason is a bad practise. It can flood your assets easily, takes longer to load and cannot be dynamically recolored.

1 Like

Exactly. Nothing to add to that.

How do you add that highlight to texts?

Maybe he means something like this:

Edit after 1 minute:
oop- sorry for the music

Wow I’ve never seen this technique before.Thank you very much! I am now a step further with the design of UI’s.

1 Like

Furthermore, thank you to everyone who helped me answer my question. I really appreciate.

1 Like