Need Help with Right Aligning TextLabel in ScrollingFrame - UIListLayout Issue

Hello,

I have a problem with the right alignment of the TextLabel within a ScrollingFrame in Roblox. When using the UIListLayout object to arrange the elements inside the ScrollingFrame, I found that there is no option to right align the children of the UIListLayout.

Specifically, when the player writes a message, I create a new TextLabel containing the message text and add it to the ScrollingFrame. If the player is a local player, I want this TextLabel to be right-aligned. If the player is another player, I want this TextLabel to be left-aligned.

I tried setting the TextXAlignment property of the TextLabel to Enum.TextXAlignment.Right when the player is the local player, but this solution did not produce the expected results. The text inside the TextLabel was indeed right aligned, but the TextLabel itself remained left aligned.

I would like to ask if anyone knows how I can right align the TextLabel within the ScrollingFrame. Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help!

I also have done a message app on a phone I made, and I came to a solution. Having two templates, and making one for the local and one for the server. What I mean is, making one on that is on left and one that is on right. Basically you do a frame that has a transparency of 1, and then you add the bubble or whatever and the text to the position left/right

1 Like

Thank you for your advice. I will give it a try and let you know how it goes.