Need help with vector3.new

Sorry for being dumb, I’m a bit new to this.

Basically, I’m trying to get a part to spawn at the said position whenever the player touches one of my parts. Error: “TextHolder is not a valid member of DataModel” “Baseplate”, and “attempt to call a Vector3 value” when I touch it.
Capture

Please help, thank you.

okay. so i think maybe because it’s always touching something so what you want to do is to detect if it’s a player that’s touching it

edit: you can do it like this

game.Workspace.LagWalket.Touched:Connect(function(hit)
    if hit and hit.Parent and hit.Parent:FindFirstChild("Humanoid") then
        LagWalkerGenerator()
    end
end

edit again: and yes you are setting the size incorrectly

newPart.Size = Vector3.new(2,2,2) i just corrected it

1 Like

I’m not sure where the first error is coming from, as nothing seems to relate to it in the script. At least in the script, you are setting the Size incorrectly, it should be like this:

function LagWalkerGenerator()
    local newPart = Instance.new("Part")
    newPart.Position = Vector3.new(793, 10, 831)
    newPart.Size = Vector3.new(2, 2, 2)
    newPart.Parent = workspace
end
workspace.LagWalker.Touched:Connect(LagWalkerGenerator)

P.S. Copy paste the script to make our lives a little bit easier, you can use 3 ` to do the code block.

Thank you all for the support and help guys, each one of the replies brought me closer to finding the solution.

Btw does anybody know what error: " TextHolder is not a valid member of DataModel Make the server lag!" mean?

the error is still there?

asdasdassda

Yeah, still going whenever I run the game.

is the error coming from the same script?

Its coming from a script called “Text Holder”

Capture

Maybe the object does not exist/not loaded/ or is destroyed (Edit: Did not see the: Its coming from a script called “Text Holder”)

did you make the script? (the script that’s causing the error)

edit: oh i get it, lol. so maybe in line 2

local TextHolder = script.parent.parent.parent.parent.Textholder

you definded the textholder wrong so maybe it couldn’t find the text holder because it’s not there.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing it out, I was testing text label signs early today on the same studio and I forgot to delete them. I’m experiencing some other problems as well but I’m sure I can manage to fix them. I appreciate you helping me out with this and assisting me in seeing the errors :grinning: .

1 Like