Need ideas for UI background

Hello everyone!

First post on the forum, trying to give as much info I can! So I was making ui for my game but it was looking really empty :- https://i.gyazo.com/42ff84026c4a642221ecefb3345931e8.mp4

(Sorry for the cut-off, I cannot record anything without lag except for Gyazo gif, also going to remove the UIGradient)

I was trying to go for a BO: Cold War Menu Screen (I tried rendering some stuff but didn’t look good) :-
https://i.gyazo.com/a766c455346668f987748795e6699975.png

Tried making backgrounds, looked really bad. Also didn’t find any related questions (please do link them if you find them :smiley: )

What can I/should put in the background to make it not empty? vibrant? idk

I don’t mess with ui and usually stick with scripts so I am kind of clueless.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of image backgrounds on ROBLOX strictly because of the amount of detail and quality that are lost. The use of scenery as a background with trees and bodies of water look much nicer because there really is no detail being lost (unless of course, your models aren’t quality looking). Of course, it wouldn’t make sense to have a beautiful sky and beautiful trees in a game like Cold War, so you would probably want to change it accordingly.

Overall, your UI designs aren’t bad! If it’s possible, you should probably render your images in the highest quality possible so you don’t see all those really big pixels.

2 Likes

I once tried rendering a marble floor for a test but it looked stretched, is it the roblox studio’s small screen or the image I uploaded was wrong? It was in 1920x1080

Thanks for your reply! Looking forward for more responses.

Unfortunately I won’t be here active for around the next 12 hours, looking forward for more responses tomorrow! :smiley:

I would suggest having a BIG logo in the empty space that disappears once you click on one of the options.
OR
The camera will be positioned at an ingame scene (You can probably still have the logo That disappears). The camera would move back to the player once they start the game.

1 Like

That could work! (2nd option) I can try modeling some stuff and post a finished product in a few hours ( or more because I am lazy)

Could also try to merge with @ijmod’s idea

The use of scenery as a background with trees and bodies of water look much nicer because there really is no detail being lost (unless of course, your models aren’t quality looking). Of course, it wouldn’t make sense to have a beautiful sky and beautiful trees in a game like Cold War, so you would probably want to change it accordingly.

1 Like

Taking longer than usual, trying to change ui to make it interactive with the background

Final background, will polish some models and add some details later, didn’t have time to change ui