Need opinions and criticism about my builds

I need criticism and opinions about my builds

don’t go too hard on me since i only started around a week ago.

Eh i know they’re bad but its worth a shot

here are some games that have some of these assets

honest opinions?

EXTRA

6 Likes

Well, It’s great but in some of your builds, It kind of lacks detail. Also for the purple house, The plain blue driveway doesn’t seem right. Maybe you could add texture onto and change up some of the colours. Also for the stairs, the fence is not connected. Maybe you could just make just a whole fence by rotating the angle to match the angle of the stairs. Other than that it’s good.

1 Like

Thanks i appreciate it :smiley:

Speaking of the lack of details for the purple house i got the image from this

it was my first build so i kinda traced it other than that i’ll follow what you say
since i really needed these replies.

Oh, I didn’t see that. Your builds are good so far, hope to see more in the future.

Thanks!,
really helps out a’lot hearing others opinion :smiley:

Oh and forgot another build!

I see you’re trying to aim for a low poly type building. It’s good but I’m not a low poly type builder so I can’t really judge it based on the picture.

tried going around it but i mean low-poly is cool but my main focus isn’t low-poly but is good too learn it on the side you know?

Yeah, It helps you advance on building skills when you learn multiple things.

1 Like

Heavily agreed, funny thing is, i don’t use F3X like most people i don’t know why i think i find it complicated.

Yeah same, I don’t really use F3X. I just stuck with the studio tools.

Looking at what you’ve done so far, I can suggest giving the buildings different shapes, even though you’re going for a simplicity approach is what I’m assuming I think it looks good variation into a few of the buildings will go a long way even with a basic design your wanting.

For your black and white diner, it has a few gaps that could be fixed using “gap fill” try playing around with different colors or finding a decent color pallet, insofar that there is little difference to your selected color objects tend to blend in with the building, including the doors.

For the cartoony building try throwing different colors so the building doesn’t look completely white if you know what I mean the other models are decent.

Try playing around with the transparency to make the shrines less noticeable. At the start it’s a good start i would advise to keep practicing and learning and you’ll be on your way creating a lot more builds. :slightly_smiling_face:

Alrighty!, Thanks For the help when i’m free too use studio which is by a the next day i’ll probably Do some changing into the colour scheme.

1 Like

For this to be your first few builds I can say that you are definitely progressing as you build. I think that you are lacking detail however, I would definitely turn on a shadow map and mess with your color correction in your lighting properties. If I had to suggest a few things for these screenshots:

• The toxic waste barrel has an odd texture because you are using the regular “plastic” material. Switch it to the “SmoothPlastic” It adds a smooth / barrel type material.

• The shop in the first screen shotdoesn’t really stand out to me. To make the stand out more like I said before mess with the lighting. Adding different colors that shop would make it not so bland with the tan color that is currently on it. Fixing up these builds can definitely make them look 10 times better

I hope that you continued progress as a builder through the platform and I hope that you continue to post here so you can get feedback.

Happy Building
stickza

Its missing some detail. Try making it a bit smoother and maybe adjust the colors a bit. Besides that its pretty good! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback!, always appreciated.

Thanks this is probably the best response i’ve gotten yet, Always appreciated :smiley:

1 Like

For this being your first week, you are doing great!
Criticism:

• Your builds lack details
  • Your builds are too low-poly. Try to spice it up with more shapes and parts.
  • Your “towns” are unfortunately too similar. By that, I mean the fence looks like the trees, the trees look like the statue, the floor looks like the stairs. The style and part types are just so similar.

Suggestions:
Trees
Try to rotate and change the leaves on the trees so they aren’t identical. Maybe add apples? For flair, you should change the trunk’s shape to a cylinder, or at least have some bends in it.
Overall
Try to use different types of materials. It will help you in the long run, and help your build’s look more interesting. If you can, try to use custom textures, or ones from the toolbox (search in the image category);.
Buildings
Right now, they just look plain, which is fine for a beginner. But if you want them to look good while still easy to make, you should go for the low-poly style, which means adding details but in part form (little to no meshes). For example, you could add cornerstones, ridges and door handles, the point being to have enough details so it doesn’t look bland, while still keeping the blocky/roblox style look.
Details
Add crates, barrels, trash cans, anything. You can even add npcs with the rig editor plugin, automatically installed.

Good luck! You have great potential!

Then why ask for advice?

If you know that there’s something that needs to be fixed, there’s no point asking the DevForum for “opinions and criticism”. To be a good builder means taking charge of your own builds and being able to self-critique.

The ‘EXTRA’ pizza bathroom thing looks good, though. Only comment is how large the wires are.

I’ll try focusing on low-poly more, but i feel like low-poly would need too much meshes well not really but i don’t know how too use blender.