Need reviews/feedback on TYCOON!

My game, Gold Tycoon, is now reaching the stage of advertising, as it has been finished, polished and debugged. I need feedback on whether my game is appealing or not, functional or not, learnable or not…

Here is some information:

• The target audience is kids, probably under 12. Roughly 70% of my visits come from that age group.

• The average visit length is of 11.5 minutes.

• A like-to-dislike ratio of 76%.

• WITHOUT ANY MAJOR ADS, the game averages 7500 visits per month and makes ~6700 robux per month (0.9 ROBUX per visit on avg).

• The Premium Visit Percentage is consistently 5-6%

Statistics aside, here are some in-game screenshots:

All feedback is noted. :slight_smile: :sunny:

9 Likes

Having good thumbnails helps getting people to click the play button, maybe a GFX or something like that. As far as gameplay it seems like any run of the mill tycoon doesn’t seem specifically unique. Tycoons are a dying genre where only distinct ones really capture an audience, advertising is bound to make you lose profit maybe getting the help of an influencer would boost your visits.

2 Likes

I appreciate the advice on my thumbnail/icon, and I will look into that sector of my game. :+1:

I understand (and agree with) your point,

but,

this I cannot agree with. The Roblox algorithms are unpredictable. This November, my game suddenly was a top result when typing the keyword ‘Tycoon’ in the search bar on roblox.com. This lasted for ~48 hours, where I made ~13,000 Robux after fees. My game only had between 40-80 concurrent players during this 2-day period. With a well run/well invested ad campaign, I can hope to fetch 200-400 concurrent players. The key to all of this is solid game monetization. Thats pretty much it. My current ambitions aren’t to have a major front page game where I will compete with big Roblox titles. It’s simply to gain a recurring playercount in the long term. This can be seized with good ads, and consistent updates…

1 Like

Well I wish you the best of luck and that seems like an achievable goal for your game.

1 Like

I just created a new thumbnail for the game:

Pretty proud of it.

1 Like

Your game looks pretty polished and I feel like you’d catch the attention of young kids with advertising, since most probably don’t use adblockers.
For the thumbnail, the actual gfx itself looks great!
My suggestion would be to remove the “BE NOTIFIED OF GAME UPDATES” and the screenshot since it doesn’t really fit in, and you can barely read the red text in comparison to the thumbnail. If you want to keep it, maybe change that part up a little. i.e. Making the text darker and more readable, or changing that whole screenshot to a simplistic icon of the follow button. That way it’s more appealing to the eye.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice! And yeah I just didn’t know what to put in the empty spaces of the thumbnail. I’ll change it up a little bit :+1: :slight_smile:

1 Like