Need some advice

I’m about to make a trail shop soon to challenge me and learn something new along the way, is there any advice that you guys can give me before I start.

• Much appreciated.
1 Like

Well,

You can Probably use Attributes or ModuleScripts to Assign Data to that specific Trail
here you can probably use a for loop to assign those Values, if you are creating a User Interface for this, then it shouldn’t be that difficult, with Instances, Probably the same but more complex

If you are using Developer Products, Make sure you ProccessReceipt function inside MarketPlaceService, A Cleaner way would be:

local Products = { -- Lets Say you have a Product for Cash
   [50] = 0101010101
   [75] = 1010101010

}

MarketPlaceSrvice.ProcessReceipt = function(Receipt)
   local Plr = game.Players.GetPlayerFromUserId(Receipt.PlayerId) -- Gets Player
   if not Plr then -- If there is no Player
      return Enum.ProductPurchaseDecision.NotProcessedYet -- Fails to Process
   end

for Value, ProductId in pairs(Products) do
      -- Value is the Key, so in our Table, [50] is a key
      -- ProductId is the Value of out Key, in this Case the ProductId

if Receipt.ProductId == ProductId then -- Checks values
         Plr.Cash.Value += Value -- Adds Value
      end
   end
   return Enum.ProductPurchaseDecision.PurchaseGranted -- Successfully Processed
end

1 Like
  1. Practice good coding habits. This includes commenting your code, using descriptive and meaningful variable names, and following proper coding conventions.

2. Test your code thoroughly. Make sure to test your code in a variety of different scenarios to ensure that it is reliable and works as intended.

3. Collaborate with other developers. Roblox has a large and active community of developers, and collaborating with others can be a great way to learn new skills and get feedback on your work.

4. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. If you get stuck or have a question, there are many resources available to you, including the Roblox developer forum and the Roblox Developer Hub documentation.

5. Stay up to date with the latest developments in the Roblox community. Follow the Roblox blog and social media accounts to stay informed about new features and updates.

6. Have fun! Building games and experiences on Roblox can be a rewarding and enjoyable experience. Don’t be afraid to try new things and experiment with different ideas.

1 Like

Thank you all for the help I do appreciate it, Ill keep posting on the dev forum to let everyone know how its going with the shop.

1 Like

Also I’m using a command bar to purchase trail.