Need some help with roads

I am currently making a city game, and I need some help building roads. Plugins that I have used for curved roads seem very complex and I always fail them. Any help would be appreciated! :smiley:

2 Likes

When I need to make curves, I use the plugin Archimedes Two (v2.4). Hope it does what you’re looking for!

1 Like

I tried but found it hard. Not that great with it.

Did you actually try to build a road without using any plugin?

Because that would be great.

First one has been mentioned but these are the two best plugins for roads:

Using the axis tool and the angle tool Archimedes is great for changing the direction and curving roads:

Gap Fill can connect parts together as well which is really useful for roads:

I also use a road line decal which I can extend so don’t have to spend ageas sorting out road lines.

Best help I can give is experiment and get the hang of the plugins and soon you’ll be making good roads in no time.

There is no point in trying to use a plugin for building roads.

Go in tool box and search Road Pack and you should find many road styles to suit your preferences. You can also edit them as you wish but remember to keep the measure on so the road wont be bigger or smaller than other parts of the pack.

Thanks to everyone who helped out!

Hello, I have already made a reply to similar topic. You can check it out here:

If you are still unsure how to use the plugin I can give you some quick coaching on it through discord to help you familiarize yourself with it, generaly speaking I think that using toolbox as an answer is a very poor choice of design. Creating your own assets gives your place much more style to it and originality, I would advise that you steer away from trying to use free models to create your game.