Need UI Style Help

So I just recently discovered the game Blacksite Zeta, I live under a rock I know, and I saw the UI that reminds me a lot of the UI from The Division 1 & 2. I’ve been wanting to create something similar for ages now, and I’m really curious how to make interactive menus in the 3D world like that (if that makes sense).

Here are some examples:

Credit to mexual for the last screenshot, saw it on a post of his. But I really like how the UI seems more “3D” and in the world. I also love how in Blacksite Zeta, interact buttons show on the objects rather than just hovering in the air like usual.

I’m not trying to rip their work, I’ve just always loved the look of the UI from The Division and wanted to make something similar in Roblox for ages, just never knew how. I don’t need to hire a UI designer or scripter either as I’d like to learn it for myself.

Thanks!

2 Likes

You can use SurfaceGuis to do this. A SurfaceGui has an Adornee property which accepts an instance to display on, and you can have it parented to PlayerGui and have the Active property set to true for it to be interactable (buttons, textboxes).

3 Likes

Thank you for the help! I’ll make sure to learn a bunch about SurfaceGui over vacation