Neon material too bright

Hello, I have an issue, when I put a material to neon it gets way to bright but I want to adjust the neon brightness

5 Likes

Try to decrease the part’s Transparency, that will start bringing the neon’s brightness down.

7 Likes

it will work but the I could see the parts through/beneath it

4 Likes

Decrease the brightness, you can do this by converting the color to HSV, lowering value, then using how you like.

Or you can decrease it in the color editor when editing a Color3.

6 Likes

Could also add the Bloom instance to the Lighting, if you wish to decrease the brightness of all neon parts.

4 Likes

Along with decreasing the part’s transparency, you can also change the bloom settings in lighting.

4 Likes

I added bloom effect didnt work

4 Likes

so your saying I should darken the color

4 Likes

Sometimes this isn’t ideal, because you may want some neon parts with a actual neon look.

4 Likes

You shouldn’t decrease the transparency, because not only will it cause more lag, but it will also be transparent.

6 Likes

Yup, that’s why I said if the OP wanted to decrease for all neon parts.

4 Likes

Yes, using the roblox editor you can just use the slider, but if you want to do it with a script I found lowering the Value of the color by 30 works well.

4 Likes

I tried to lower Val in HSV color the neon became dimmer

4 Likes

Does this solve your question then? If so, do mark this reply as the Solution of the topic!

5 Likes

Just adding a bloom itself doesn’t really do anything. You need to change the settings of the bloom. To decrease the brightness of neon parts using bloom, you need to increase it’s Threshold property, or lower it’s size / intensity property.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.