Nerf gun I've modeled on blender

I haven’t modeled any guns before, but here is a Nerf gun i have made with blender:

This is a Nerf gun I’ve modeled, the gun is the Nerf jolt (it’s like a Nerf pistol). The textures look a little messy, I’m more of a modeler than a texturer. I might use this for a fps or something, idk. In comparison, here is a picture of an actual Nerf jolt:

Feecback would be nice.

i didn’t include the logos on the gun because imo it looks a lot better without the logos

16 Likes

Wow 10/10 it perfectly matches that same exact gun. Jesus I can barely tell the difference between them.

4 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s just me, but the end of the barrel in the Blender model looks very big. Almost like its screaming.

1 Like

Yeah, it is a little big, but i think it looks bigger because of the angle that it’s shot at. I will make it a little smaller. Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Looks awesome! Some small things you missed like the orange thing at the bottom being a little too big, the barrel is a little big, and there’s a grey part on the bottom of the grip. Other than that, good stuff!

1 Like

You should show both from the same angle so we can really see a comparison, the model is at a bit of an awkward angle to see details

1 Like

Looks great! There’s only a few things that immediately stand out to me when looking at the proportions of the model vs reference image. I don’t know the ins and outs of modelling in blender, however I think applying my art knowledge can relate to this and potentially help you out! So as you can see in the image below, I’ve used the ‘grid method’ this comes in really handy for getting proportions right and thus help the likeness of your model. My advice would be to do something like this where you apply a grid over the reference image, then try set your viewport in the same angle as the reference and add the same grid structure overlayed on top of your model. From here you can see exactly where parts start/end. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! The reason the orange thing is long is because that’s the thing you pull down to make it shoot. The grey part at the bottom is because I’m not very good at texturing, I will try to fix it. And yeah, the barrel is a little big.

That really helped me, thanks!

alright, here is the gun from the side view:

Looks amazing!

Only thing i would say is to check the nerf copyright restrictions and all of that, i wouldn’t risk losing a master piece like this.

2 Likes

Looks Great!

I would give it 8/10 just add some more detail it’d look better! But it looks good.

1 Like

Their are many nerf gun games out there so I think he’ll be fine.