Network Ownership on NPC

I am creating a NPC and make it walks places using path finding, but i have noticed when the player comes near the NPC, it starts delaying at each spot on the route. I settled the NPC network owner as nil (server) but it seems to automatically set the owner back to the player.
It can be solved by setting the network owner to the server periodically, but it doesn’t seem practical.
Is there any way of disabling the automatic network ownership?

1 Like

Are you setting all BaseParts NetworkOwnership? I’m curious if this may happen if a part in the model is missed.

I have tried setting all parts and setting only the root part, the results are the same.
In both it worked correctly when i settled the network owner periodically.

Are there any BodyMovers attached to the character? Also, are you welding anything to the character (after the initial SetNeworkOwner)?

1 Like

Yes i added to the NPC a tool that acts as another limb, just figured it might have been the problem.

It’s possible when you weld the tool to the character, it takes RootPriority of the model and reset the NetworkOwnership. Make sure that also has NetworkOwnership set, before and after applying any welds.

Related:

4 Likes

I just did, it works perfect now, thanks!

2 Likes