NetworkOwnership questions

Alright so, I have all my tank stuff done in a serverscript, there’s some parts of it that REQUIRE a serverscript. (Allegedly.)
The vehicle scripts automatically assign networkownership when the seat is entered, but IncomingReplicationLag and in-game tests show that the serverscript still gets delays, I see a lot about using the client to control the physics and i’m not sure how I should go about it, because the serverscripts emit particles and change sounds and etc.

1 Like

So… what are your questions?

1 Like

Should I take all the physical bodyvelocity changes out of the serverscript and into the client?

If the client is taking network ownership of the tank and the body velocities are supposed to belong to the tank, then you can let a local script take over on changing body velocity values

4 Likes

Alright, well thanks, it was a dumb question but I’m too paranoid to drastically change something without double-checking, lol.

You’re welcome, and please ask more dumb questions! #development-support:scripting-support answers every type of question as long as they are asked with clarity.

1 Like

When giving the player NetworkOwnership, it is important to include an anti-cheat system that prevents teleporting, speed glitching etc.

The sounds and particle emitters (if you want them to be heard/seen by other players) have to be added with a server-script, possibly with a RemoteEvent.

2 Likes