New Animation Editor Doesn't Exceed 30 seconds

I’m currently in the process of developing a cinematic, I need to add some animation events, however, the preview for the animation editor is capped at 30 seconds, even though the animation is much longer. When the animation is played using a script, it’ll preview properly, but using the animation editor it will stop at 30 seconds.

I shouldn’t have to splice animations to get them to work if they are longer than 30 seconds

8 Likes

This is an intentional limit that has been in place for quite a while. The previous iteration of the animation editor also prevented you from creating an animation longer than 30 seconds. It seems like this used to be okay, as the use for the editor was mainly for small animations.

But I understand as Roblox evolves and gets an increasing amount of fidelity, people are going to want to make cinematics and create longer animations. I will try to see if we can get a new limit in place.

15 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.