New Animation Runtime Rollout - Upcoming Property Removal

This is demotivating as hell, For the love of everything if your gonna force this give us the option to Tune the Blend type, aka Something as in, Blend this animation 0-100%, THEN BOOM, FIX.

6 Likes

AWESOME CHANGE!!

One of my favourite changes this year, although would still prefer if priority were a integer based system to allow for a ensue if unite degree of stacking animations.

1 Like

Love to see the performance improvements with this update, big W from roblox!

1 Like

Broke all my animations. I don’t see why we can’t have the optional property to opt out of whatever this is, as this will definitely have a detrimental effect on a lot of games across the platform. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”.

8 Likes

Tons of animations in my game are now really ugly because of this change. Thought it was a glitch or something, unfortunately it seems to be a new feature. Sigh…

9 Likes

Horrible update. My viewmodel animations now look slow and sloppy.
Oh, and i noticed that i get random FPS spikes while i play Roblox even on minimum graphics, though im not sure if it is because of this update.

Great job

4 Likes

This update has busted MANY animations for both Databrawl and Databrawl roleplay, my animations that have worked long before. I had to disable the animation blending “fix” prior back when it first became an option, but now this has caused permanent issues in regard to character animations, and even new ones that were not present previously.

Example A: Program eating Fries
Before
animbug2
After
animbug1

Example B: Hands randomly rotating at entirely random intervals
Intended orientation
Now what happens

Please return the option to keep animation blending disabled.

22 Likes

This change is also causing me issues. Low priority animations are blending with high priority animations. I have one animation with the priority set to 2 and another set to 5 and they’re still blending together.

5 Likes

everyone in this thread already said what needs to be said, this update sucks and breaks behaviours on basically every animation-dependent game please revert this

3 Likes

I’m not against animation blending but the decision to make it mandatory has caused serious issues which are made even worse by the fact that games where the property removal will be most noticeable are also those that will take the most effort to revert it. Whatever Roblox’s reasons for removing it, they did not consider the full consequences and this needs to be reverted.

6 Likes

even one of their “solutions” to make our code compliant doesn’t even work (2) as their Weight system doesn’t even replicate properly at times and sometimes freezes the animation to other clients after setting it to a low value.

if integer enums were added for animation priorities, this “fix” update wouldn’t be as bad. (there are only 7 priorities to choose from…)

5 Likes

This update sucks, it’s because everytime someone joins, it would say Strafe blending disabled. Not all quadrants of motion represented. - Client - Animate:180 but i dont know what does this do until i found out that it’s to check strafe blending enabled, i found this on the localscript “Animate” and the purpose is to check if strafing is enabled (localscripts is for clients not servers and animate has that in the script between 177 and 207, that’s why it says Client - Animate:180)

-- checks if strafing is enabled
local function checkStrafingEnabled(velo)
	if maxVeloX == 0 or minVeloX == 0 or maxVeloY == 0 or minVeloY == 0  then
		if locomotionMap == strafingLocomotionMap then
			warn("Strafe blending disabled.  Not all quadrants of motion represented.")
		end
		locomotionMap = fallbackLocomotionMap
	elseif not strafingLocomotionMap["run"] or not strafingLocomotionMap["walk"] then
		if locomotionMap == strafingLocomotionMap then
			warn("Strafe blending disabled.  Run and walk must be strafing-friendly.")
		end
		locomotionMap = fallbackLocomotionMap
	else
		if locomotionMap ~= strafingLocomotionMap then
			locomotionMap = strafingLocomotionMap
			warn("Strafing reenabled")
		end
	end
end

-- This is the only part that it uses checkStrafingEnabled()
local function setupWalkAnimations()
	resetVelocityBounds()
	-- check to see if we need to blend a walk/run animation
	for n,v in pairs(strafingLocomotionMap) do
		updateVelocityBounds(v.lv)
	end
	checkStrafingEnabled()
	for n,v in pairs(locomotionMap) do
		v.track = Humanoid:LoadAnimation(animTable[n][1].anim)
		v.track.Priority = Enum.AnimationPriority.Core
	end
end
2 Likes

what is even the point of this update??? who does this benefit??? i don’t get it.

6 Likes

Sounds like this is yet another neglected update judging by the lack of response from staff. I couldn’t tell you how fuming I’d be if spent weeks or months on animations only for it to be trashed by a single update that removed a property for absolutely no reason.

8 Likes

exactly, i don’t see the point of this update, since, who is this supposed to benefit? i actually don’t see what kind of developers this is supposed to be catered too.

8 Likes

This completely broke about 90 percent of my games’ animations, come on roblox, really? What reason was there to force it on players?

8 Likes

This update has completely fudged my old games, which is very disappointing and depressing to see.

10 Likes

Hooray to screwing over all the animations in my game!

9 Likes

Wonderful update! This definitely will not anger the animation community! Ok now, please revert this. Sadly I would think that this is an April Fools joke but I just realized that it isn’t April…

8 Likes

are yall serious right now

not paying attention for the rights for animators now my animations are broken, what dang reason was it to force this update on us :unamused:

Edit: its still there :japanese_ogre:

13 Likes