New Audio API [Beta]: Elevate Sound and Voice in Your Experiences

Does anyone know how some games can have Spatial Voice over 30 players? I thought 30 was the limit.

8 Likes

Hmm, looking through the documentation this doesn’t seem to tell me which sound was heard, only the overall volume levels. Something like AudioListener.HeardSound:Connect(function(soundInstance, observedVolume) end) would be incredibly useful.

8 Likes

In assistant it says it’s 50 lol

7 Likes

Oh cool, I swear it was 30, maybe they changed it and I forgot. thanks!

9 Likes

It definetly was 50, (I didn’t know neither)

7 Likes

Is the tutorial place suppose to be working? I have the new audio API enabled but theres no audio at all in the tutorial place.

EDIT: None of the sounds in the place have open usage, can’t grant permission.

9 Likes

When will there be audio effect scripting? (if there will be)

and will you be able to get more complex values than ‘PlaybackLoudness’ to sounds?

and will you make moderation better?

5 Likes

Ah; this one is my bad – permissions issues strike again :face_holding_back_tears: – I’ll update

7 Likes

Oh my god, this unlocks so many new opportunities and creations to be made…

6 Likes

Hopefully with this, I can make a radio type sound modification for player voices, and use it to create a voice chat radio!

6 Likes

This is incredibly good, i fully want to try this out

One little question, in SoundService there is a enum named “ReverbType” and while its useful, it would be nice if we could add our own custom reverbs as i feel the current list is a bit limited. Could this ever be a new feature?

7 Likes

Question:
Will roblox have scriptable visuals? I never saw roblox staff response to this question and I know @ReallyLongArms is sound scripter but, I also asked this on https://devforum.roblox.com/t/should-roblox-use-custom-wgsl-shading/2847923/8 :person_shrugging:
I don’t care about the language or type, just if there will be scriptable visuals.

I want a visual plugin!

4 Likes

Yeah, I also thought on this, why not add it?

2 Likes

seems really complicated, gonna need a YT tutorial

We should have an Enabled property for all of these new Instances especially Listener

4 Likes

Please make the AudioPlayer automatically convert audio Ids into AssetIds like sounds do! Right now, I have to copy the audio Id, paste it into a sound, and then copy and paste that into an AudioPlayer. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

how hard annoying is to add ‘rbxassetid://’ to a id?

5 Likes

This is very big for all games on Roblox, especially horror games. I have been waiting for this future for a long time now as it would would make horror games much more fun. I yet still have concerns.

Does this come with any changes to the 50 maximum players for Spatial Voice?
I’m worried that if too many people are using it its going to break.

5 Likes

Will there possibly be a property for specific listeners? Don’t want an open radio unless it’s got the property, and a method to link players to the listener.

There’s an AudioInteractionGroup property on each AudioEmitter and AudioListener that can be used to limit which listener hears what emitters – does that help?

3 Likes

It’s just for the sake of convenience? The point is that other instances like sounds and decals automatically do this, so why wouldn’t AudioPlayers?

2 Likes