New Audio API [Beta]: Elevate Sound and Voice in Your Experiences

I said it’s annoying, and unconsistent. doesn’t make sense to not do so.

1 Like

Very exciting to see the Audio API being worked on again! Hoping to see the limit raised above 50 sometime soon :eyes:.

1 Like

:eyes:
yeah, we NEED this.
we NEED 4000 player limit

This is honestly amazing, I cannot wait to create phones and walkie talkies and mics that are powered by your voice!

No we don’t, 4K Players would cause significant lag and network latency would be high.

1 Like

Uhh it does a tiny bit, it does allow more limiting of groups, but is there an ability to make it so only specific people can listen in on it?

but if 4k players are possible,
700 players should be fluid, don’t you agree ??

2 Likes

Can’t wait to try this out, so many opportunities have opened up. Looks really seamless and easy to use

1 Like

Yes, 700 could be possible but not much information to back it up.

3 Likes

This is the feature I have been waiting for the most, this will definitely change the creation of games on roblox, this will be a great thing for all the games on the platform, thank you so much for giving us this great feature, I can’t wait for it to come out of beta :hear_no_evil:

1 Like

None of the sounds in the place have open usage, can’t grant permission

Hey @LordMerc, I replaced the assets used in the sample placefile – if you download a copy now does it work on your end?

2 Likes

Been a developer on here for 10 years and this is easily one of the most exciting releases for me so far. Can’t imagine the technical hoops you had to jump through to get this out there - big kudos!

I hope we get the ability to record and playback audio at some point too: would make for some crazy gameplay opportunities (tape recorders etc).

11 Likes

Just what we needed! I can’t wait for it to be ln the Roblox Client and see what developers are doing with it!

1 Like

Yes finally! Can’t wait to play around with radios!

1 Like

Revolutionary audio improvements, I was really waiting for this update!

Though, I would like to look into the future, and ask when we can expect improvements to audio such as the “Geometric Audio Absorption”, which was shown in Roblox Hack Week of 2020, or at least I would like to know if it’s possible that something like this will be implemented in near future?

13 Likes

If that were to happen, wouldn’t people just break the rules with it by making it say harmful words?

3 Likes

Will it ever be possible to use voice chat without a Player.Character set?

2 Likes

Will it be possible to use the new Audio Api with the Volumetric Audio? Right now it doesn’t seem to work with it enabled. Here is what i am talking about:

6 Likes

This is super cool, and a lot more sophisticated for sure. I love that we can finally add effects voice chat.

Although this is a bit confusing, will all the new APIs coexist with the old Sound instances? Thats what I would assume, since adding an audio player, fader, emitter and wire for every sound we want to play seems a bit annoying.

1 Like

We’ve been using this in My Movie and it’s alright. They will sometimes play through muted volumes but I can’t figure out a repro case for it.

However, there doesn’t appear to be any options for custom rolloff. This is problematic as there is no scenario in my games where I don’t want to control this. Without it, sounds blend in with each other in a realistic, but extremely overwhelming manner. With old Sounds, I could just tweak some settings. With the new APIs, I now need scripts and Heartbeat loops to do the same thing. Can we get these back?

11 Likes