New Audio Discovery Features

After the Audio Update that we had a while ago, this just looks like an inflated update that will serve close to zero usage from your day to day developer. Looks okay for beginners, but it’s a meh from me.

10 Likes

I’m experiencing the same issue, The Page takes unbelievably long to load and sometimes requires a few refreshes. It’s to the point where it’s more efficient to search for audio via studio then on the website.

13 Likes

That’s pretty cool, but how about letting developers upload their audio for other developers?

8 Likes

Can’t wait to hear that new wagoogus music drop :fire::fire:

6 Likes

You didn’t.

• We need a way to filter out everything by Roblox. This has been a major request ever since Roblox started mass-uploading audio and spamming random keywords.

• Allow developers to publicize audios again. “Check back at a later date” gets old after a while.

I don’t think it’s much to ask for.

The state of the audio library is in shambles, I’m afraid this alone won’t be able to fix it

51 Likes

I appreciate the search improvements that have been made however I can’t help but feel this is almost “too little too late”… The page seems to have been given a facelift but the way of interacting with the interface is almost exactly the same with little improvement. I can’t speak for everyone but personally when I am using the audio discovery tab, I’m going in with a specific use case or type of sound in mind and these categories, while cool, do not assist very much with that.

Why not introduce search filters such as the ones recently added to the explorer? Keeping a consistent musical theme in my projects is important for the overall tone and being able to (for example) write “Album: EPIC FANTASY ADVENTURE” to only see Roblox uploaded audios from that album would be exceptionally useful. It seems this is working better with the update (where previously it was impossible) however it still feels as if most of the audio metadata put in the description for APM uploaded audios is discarded for search purposes and that is a shame.

On another note, why can we still not sort by effects/music in the search tab? Being able to search by audio category and keywords is significantly more useful than searching each separately. When I am searching for “Assault Rifle Bullet Sound” it’s pretty obvious that I’m not looking for music so why am I forced to sift through tons of music regardless?

Lastly, it would be tremendously helpful to mine and countless other developers’ experiences to allow us to separate Roblox curated audio from user audio or at the very least, hide duplicate audio items. One of the most frustrating things when searching for audio on the platform is the sheer amount of duplicate audio that floods the results. Seeing “Flashing Triangle Tone Random Rhythm 48 (SFX)” and all prior 47 slight alterations of the sound isn’t helpful and seeing them flood results when they could easily be filtered and tucked away in a sub menu only adds to the frustration.

In short, I am very welcoming of these changes however I am closely watching and waiting for further improvements to be made as while these definitely improve the visual experience, I don’t feel like they do much to actually improve my workflow. Maybe it would be worthwhile to collect more information on how your developers are using the audio library and what their expectations are from the browser. I’m sure you won’t run into a lack of them willing to give you their two cents!

21 Likes

Are there any plans to address the terrible sorting that displays everything out of order and also displays the same sound effect multiple times? If I’m working on some sort of machine and I want a looping sound effect for when a motor is spinning, I have to scroll through all these annoying little servo noises and they seem to never end.

7 Likes

This is great! Tho, I am having problems with this on Google Chrome

Here’s my a video of the problems I am having

I checked and Microsoft Edge is working fine. A little bit slow but usable.

9 Likes

THANK YOU ROBLOX! I have waited YEARS for an update to audio discovery… I can’t tell you how many countless painful hours I’ve spent browsing the catalog for a simple sound effect. It came to a point where I just gave up and ended up uploading my own audios found through other audio sites.

7 Likes

LET’S FREAKING GOOOOOO
Untitled

10 Likes

This is a good update, it will make it easier to find audio. But…what about the horrible audio update? You know the update which privatized all the audio and which we haven’t heard from for over a year and a half! It might be time to communicate on this subject and stop ignoring the comments on this subject. I can understand that putting the audio back on “public” can be difficult to implement, but ignoring it and not communicating about it is simply shameful! I hope that you will eventually provide more information about this horror called “Audio Confidentiality” Thank you for reading this message and hoping (even if I suspect that this post will be untrue) that there will be new information on this subject.

14 Likes

If there are no plans to allow creators to make audios public then it needs to be addressed and not ignored for any longer. I don’t know if there are ever going to be any plans to allow creators to make audios public again or not, but Roblox needs to be transparent on whether or not it’s something they are considering. This issue has been ignored for what, more than a year now?

13 Likes

Make audio publishing public already, I beg of you. Quite literally it’s been roughly a year when the audio update took place, at least take insight as to what needs to be worked on regarding making things public to audio uploaders. Like verified publishers, verified Roblox users. age verification. etc… anything so it can be added for once. It’s been too long.

12 Likes

I know you want to help make audios that developers want to find easier but most of the sounds tend to get boring and overrated after a while, it’s been I believe almost 2 years since the mass removal of audios and the public option has never been enabled since then.

8 Likes

discovery page crashes a lot for me

5 Likes

I don’t have any lag issues with this, it loaded the page almost straight away. I like the new layout and it’s nice to see more audios uploaded by players instead of just Roblox created ones.

5 Likes

Wasn’t this already a thing for a while? Or am I missing something here?

4 Likes

why is this in the cars category
obraz

6 Likes

I find it ironic how ROBLOX doesn’t want copyrighted audio in the library but doesn’t do anything about copyrighted UGC items.

9 Likes

When are we getting publicly releasable audios promised over more than a year ago?

10 Likes