New Base Materials available in production [Client Beta]

Re: regarding tint/normalization

Thank you for the feedback! We try to find a balance, such that it allows our materials to still look like what they are meant to represent (for instance, if all the shingles were exactly the same tint with no shading, it could be hard to make out that these are indeed shingles), but we will keep this feedback and the “swiss-army knife” perspective in mind.

Your request makes sense, @PeZsmistic. The colored areas are not all supported by a mask and some materials have baked-in tints that will multiply by the object’s color, but I see the value of being able to customize the masked areas. I am tracking feedback about tint masking in general and will add your point. While it’s on our radar, unfortunately we don’t have plans to announce on this front for now.

We have tinkered with the idea, but we’re currently not planning to make material normalization public. I’m noting this request. Thank you!

4 Likes

The materials are available in production, so you can now publish them!

2 Likes

Quick update after re-assessment with our Art team. We will be modifying Roof Shingles to remove its tint masking which will significantly reduce this yellowing effect. I will post an update once the material is updated.

3 Likes

There definitely is an issue with the new materials and the new topbar FFlag

1 Like

We have updated the Roof Shingles material and removed its tint masking to significantly reduce the yellowing at the shingles’ edges. Please let us know if there are any other issues encountered with the new materials!

6 Likes

They look awesome now. :happy3:

3 Likes