New Changes to the Learn & Explore Sort

What exactly would this mean in a roblox experience?

1 Like

Does a ‘clear modertion log’ involve a warning?

2 Likes

When will the submission for this close?

1 Like

I assume this means adapting your experience so those with disabilities (such as color blindness, etc.) can still play.

3 Likes

I don’t think it will close (the previous home page genres haven’t closed submissions)

1 Like
2 Likes

in true roblox fashion you failed to actually answer that question…
will teams with members who have had a day or two ban be forced into exile?
moderation history on roblox can go back literal decades at this point

1 Like

We’re still considering how often to refresh, but potentially at minimum there might be 2 refreshes in a year.

2 Likes

We’re always glad to talk individually with developers about any issues like this when it comes to reviewing. For instance, we’ve seen games get disliked just because they might mention “math” and people don’t like math :P. We always take it on a case-by-case basis. Our Education team is actually a mix of Roblox veterans and teachers who understand the culture of Roblox.

This criteria is a bit vague on purpose since we do want to take it on a case-by-case basis. We do understand that developers need to have some compensation. That being said, the main take-away here would be to avoid overly aggressive methods. For instance, a student shouldn’t be instantly greeted with pop-ups for in-game passes, but if there’s an in-game shop somewhere, that would be more appropriate.

3 Likes

Howdy! So if it’s a question about an individual experience you submitted, you can always email education@roblox.com to ask about it.

1 Like

Sorry about the vagueness, but this really is something we need to look into their moderation history on what the ban actually was and discuss it with the team.

2 Likes

hm… okay, so just to clear it up for myself;
i’ve had a 3 day ban on roblox back in 2015 because i uploaded a picture of a then popular meme which was not safe for work, would i be illegible to apply for that sort or would that be fine snice i haven’t had any moderation action since then

3 Likes

I agree with your statement, as Roblox is already blocked at many schools, such as mine.

3 Likes

Thank you for the help! I have done this now.

2 Likes

Considering my school already has Minecraft Education edition, its likely they will put Roblox on the computers in the future, because they have already unblocked the website. So, there is a reason to have this sort updated. Amazing update, Roblox!

2 Likes

Hi everyone! I see a lot of questions about moderation checks and wanted to clarify. When we do a moderation check, we’ll be checking recent histories. I do want to point out that we look at each case individually, but if you’ve just had one warning for instance, you and your team should be fine.

Overall, we are looking for professional developers in making our judgements. If you do have any questions about moderation concerns, feel free to DM me and we can discuss it, but don’t let that be a barrier to submitting a potentially excellent experience.

1 Like

So… what about the other genres? Do we have to submit our games into others? Lol

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.