New ClientAnimatorThrottling Property

Will there be an option to mark any animators as high priority? For example, if you had a long-range shooter game, you don’t necessarily want players moving choppily while scoped in trying to hit an accurate shot, but you also want the benefits of this when not scoping.

4 Likes

One time, I accidentally threw 180 rats on the screen at once, all animated. No issues.

Now I want to do it on purpose! Great update!

2 Likes

That does sound like a bug if the humanoid get’s stuck throttling.
Am expected result would be a slight delay due to the frequency of the distance checks, but this is a good case for us to test against, thanks for bringing it up!

3 Likes

Adding more controls will be taken into consideration!
Custom setting of transforms should not be affected.

2 Likes

Things like bounding box, hip height etc are also taken into account when determining the “apparent size” of characters. But there is still ongoing tuning and improvements on this aspect of the feature.

3 Likes

Good idea for added api options!

2 Likes

I’m not entirely sure why, but I enabled this property one day to check it out. It’s neat, but not super useful for me, and the artifacts are undesired for my project. However I can no longer disable it. I can set it to disabled and publish the project. But in-game it’s always enabled and re-opening studio will set it back to enabled again.

2 Likes

I noticed that a while ago I never said anything. Only thing I was able to do to “fix” it is change the enum to disabled in a server script that’s placed in the game. So it disables it when a live server starts.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.