New Font UI [Live]

Rather than this, I feel like Roblox would put fonts uploaded by Roblox itself in the Toolbox and let developers download new fonts from there instead. Surely I don’t think they’ll add too many new fonts already built-in otherwise the font dropdown menu would become a mess.

3 Likes

Pretty sure this update will speed up process of UI design, thanks Roblox :slight_smile:

I just noticed the idea for adding a fonts category in the toolbox after I wrote down my idea for custom fonts which is the same thing :skull:

1 Like

Woohoo! Every UI designers dream since forever!

2 Likes

Finally! Now I can choose Fonts without wasting any more time. :clock1:

This is a very useful update for developers. Thanks to everyone who contributed in hopes of adding more fonts. :pen:

1 Like

IV BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR A LONG TIME
nOW FINALY Its here

1 Like

When using RichText tags to set specific lines of text to Bold for example, does the text still sometimes become blurry or distorted? I’m not sure if this has been fixed yet, but I’ve been suffering from this problem for a while now. (referring to TextScaled)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FINALLY WOOOOOO! Roblox GUI designers needed this.

2 Likes

This is really cool. Finally we have an easier way to pick out fonts without needing plugins. The new thickness options are very welcome as well.

So custom fonts when?

One thing Im not super happy about is that the dropdown doesnt behave the same way other dropdowns do (I assume its a custom dropdown?) For normal Enum dropdowns, you have to click them twice to open them, they do an animation, and you click them again to close it. Here it opens when you click once, and there is no animation. I dont really mind that, but not being able to close the dropdown when clicking it again kinda sucks. (It does close SOMETIMES though, its weird)

3 Likes

I can’t seem to find the option in beta.

I assume you didnt mean to reply to me? lol, anyways

For me its 7th on the list:

7 Likes

Will we ever be able to import our own fonts?

4 Likes

I think what they could do, is have a set of whitelisted creators, and allow them to upload fonts that people could download. A bit like what you said, but it would allow a wide range of fonts. As you don’t need a million seperate fonts uploaded by a million different people, you can have 10-20 people upload those fonts.

7 Likes

How do I use the old Legacy font? It’s not showing up in the font menu anymore (not even “Arial (Legacy)”

1 Like

This is an amazing update, when I was looking for fonts I had to manual test them to see how it looks, now it’s easy. Amazing update! Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

amazing update!⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤⁤

There’s a lot of copyright issues with this

The problem here is that the font itself is actually broken - it has the descender set to a reasonable value, but the ascender is mistakenly set to the cap height instead of what it should be.

It would be possible to fix this by manually tweaking the font metrics, but one problem is that this would then break every game using Bangers, as many games that use this font now have workarounds for the bad metrics.

4 Likes

@Abcreator Could we have a list of these fonts? Also, if a font fails to load, will it default to a font-file on the device instead or become invisible?

A web safe font will be loaded. This would most likely be Arial.

Thanks for the report, I’ll look into fixing it.

1 Like

uh yeah, what if they just add an another option on Marketplace “Fonts”… So devs won’t have to import yet having the options :thinking: like Google Fonts

1 Like