New Game Lobby for Hyperlust

Hey everyone, I’m a pretty new Developer Forum member and pretty new to Roblox Studio development as well! ( I just got accepted into the DevForum today! :smiley: )

I’ve been working on a lobby for my new upcoming game Hyperlust, so I wanted to get some feedback on the lobby and what I should/should not change, what I should add, how it looks etc. I have provided some screenshots below.

I would like some feedback and constructive criticism on this as I am a very new builder and have only recently started building ( 3 months ).

Thanks!
-thebarrle

4 Likes

For a Begginer this looks Great! but there are some things that can be improved such as adding rocks on the ground and adding more detail on the waterfall it sorta looks like a single block, i would also recommend making the spawn point transparent but if thats the style that your going for then thats ok.
hope this helps

1 Like

I’m not sure the complete theme and aesthetic of the game, but assuming you’re not going for a mid-poly type build and such. I would recommend replacing the part grass and rock with terrain; this may take time as you might not be experienced with that but adding more edges and overall texture to the already existing terrain could also create detail.

In my opinion, changing the build to be more dynamic and just adding detail would greatly improve the map overall and add more depth. For someone with 3 months of skill I don’t think your far off from making major improvements, it looks great.

1 Like

Oh, I see. I have been experimenting with terrain recently and I find it somewhat difficult to manipulate, move around and work with it, but I will try my best to apply your feedback and suggestions. Thanks for the feedback, I’m gonna be working with terrain and map building much more very soon as my game plans to have a variety of different worlds/levels, so your suggestions will be very helpful to me.

(Sorry for the bad grammar, English isn’t my first language)

Thanks for the feedback once again, very much appreciated!
-thebarrle

If you’re getting into terrain, I suggest using a smaller brush size and brush power to obtain more detail. As well as mixing the terrain with rock parts. And really quick to add onto what I said earlier, using rock meshes may be beneficial on the bottom of the islands and off the paths.

Woah, for a beginner this is really good!

This is a very action packed build. There is so much going on here and I like it. You’ve got an air balloon in the sky, you’ve got all these islands, a waterfall, a house and and some trees. I’m just not to sure what the theme of this lobby is. Try add a main feature of the lobby that players hang around like a lobby irl.

Looks amazing though, nice work man.

I see, I will try to apply those techniques onto an island I have to make for the game.
Thanks for the suggestions!

Thanks so much for the compliments, very much appreciated! Yeah, i’m trying to come up with something that will retain player attention so they don’t get bored waiting around. Maybe an obby or mini-game of some sorts.

Again, ty for the suggestions and compliments! :smiley:
-thebarrle

All good man, well deserved. Good luck on the game!

1 Like

I like the intro menu!. Also love the music you inserted into the game.

No improvements needed.

1 Like

Amazing! Looks really well made, I like the sky island theme a lot. :+1:

2 Likes

Very pretty! However, there could be more grass, bushes, trees, etc. I can see the effort put into the map, I respect that. The words “Board Holdin’ Bob” that appear on the character should show up whenever you get closer to the character, as it looks strange to see the text from so far away.
The waterfall has water coming from nowhere, a little strange to see.
So far, nice job!

1 Like

Wow. Looks very impressive! You chose a good skybox too. The waterfall could be a bit better, but overall this is a really good build.

1 Like

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it.

Yeah, I agree, I’m pretty new to building so I definetly think I can improve and make a better waterfall. Thanks so much for the compliment!

Mhm, I totally agree, I am planning to add more nature decorations as well as more rocks for variety as well as making the waterfall more realistic. I’m not quite sure how to fix that text issue, but il try my best to fix it. Again, tysm for the criticism and compliments! It encourages me to continue working and get better!

Really Cool Work Man. Keep Up The Good Work! :wink:

1 Like