New Game: "Roblox Classic Games"

Hey Devforum :handshake:

I made a new game called “ROBLOX Classic Games Reminisce”

:thinking: What is this game about?

This game is about Roblox classic games that you can teleport to them

Button Options:

• Teleport Button
    You can select the ages/years you’d like to teleport.
    Captura de ecrã 2023-08-24 131506
    Captura de ecrã 2023-08-24 131536
  • Suggestions Button
    You can suggest what classic games to add
    Captura de ecrã 2023-08-24 131401
    Captura de ecrã 2023-08-24 131429

Game screenshot:

:paperclip: Clip of teleporting to a classic game:

When clicking on “play” you will be teleported. For every player, your character will be frozen and you can’t jump or walk. And for them, it will appear also a text label saying “teleporting to… (game)”.

For you, if you have chosen the wrong one or didn’t like it (or any other reason why you wouldn’t teleport to the game where you clicked on “play”), you can cancel the teleportation.
If you really wanna get teleported to the correct one, then just wait until the “cancel” button disappears. After that, you’re gonna get teleported (can take some time to teleport after the disappearance of the cancel button. Depending on the lag/fps or even the game. If is because of the game, it can be because of the quantity of the players.).

Clip:

In Google Drive

Tell me what you think about the game, what should I do or what update I should do. :point_down:

1 Like

It’s a nice game overall and a good concept for new and old players alike looking to check out Roblox’s extensive history.

Here’s some of my feedback:

• The modal at the beginning telling people about the game takes way too long to close. I clicked on the “OK” button and it took almost 10 seconds for the animation to finish and for the game to become playable. I recommend either posting the message on a sign somewhere or making it fade out immediately after clicking “OK.”
  • There’s a lot of walking to do for no reason. You have to walk quite awhile to get the the game showcase rooms, and there’s nothing that makes it interesting. There are no decorations or anything, just a blue baseplate which in my opinion is quite boring.
  • The signs are too close together! It feels really cramped inside the exhibit rooms.
  • The game doesn’t have much character to it. The concept is great and if it’s only meant to be a tool, then you don’t really have to worry about it. But if this is supposed to be a showcase, I recommend trying to build a nice map with character.

You could make it into a “classic Roblox” museum, for example, with areas built in the style of that era of Roblox. You could have small exhibits based around each game with “artifacts” from the games and a portal to teleport to them. Just something to make it fun to explore — and for people looking to quickly check out a game, they can use the UI.

Your donation board doesn’t work yet, just so you know.

You can just teleport

I’m very sorry you’re too disappointed! I will try my best to upgrade it!

Could you help me someday decorate it like you said? Like a museum?

I’m not a roblox designer or builder. I’m just a scripter

Yeah, I know, but that wasn’t my point. For people looking to quickly get into a game, it’s easy, but for people looking to browse around and explore the map, it’s kind of boring. I realize it’s probably not done, but if you don’t want to build an entire map, you could try adding some statues or just anything really to spruce it up. It’s not a bad game by any means - I’m just trying to help you out.

Again, it’s not a bad game at all - I’m just giving you ideas to help you out. I love the concept!

I’m not a builder either. I’m a programmer and I don’t actually develop on Roblox much anymore, but when I do, I’m almost always hired by someone to script or work on backend stuff. I prefer web development anyways. I can’t help you with building, sorry! You’re much better at it than I am.

1 Like

I don’t want to be a party pooper here, but your game may receive future moderation for using “Roblox” in you game name. Last year, roblox updated their Licensing/Branding guidelines. Your game looks great, and I will try it out, but I want to warn you now incase you didn’t know.

Oh. Omg. Goodbye then :saluting_face:

720709274902ujiwjfowjf

Alright. I already changed it.

YES YES YES YES YES YES