New Game: Rocket Hero!

Hey guys,

I’m super excited to publish the Alpha version of my first game, Rocket Hero!

Please check it out and let me know what you think.

What’s good, what’s bad, what’s missing? Is it fun?

I’ll appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

Rocket Hero

5 Likes

Hello, the game seems well made, the main problem I’ve seen so far is that the player’s movement feels slow. The maps are long and take a solid amount of time to complete, even with the movement stuff like dashing and double jumping (Sprinting doesn’t work for me). I also don’t really like that you only get 3 lives since for me at least I die a lot on some sections like those big rotating hammers or the long block that pushes you off. The checkpoints feel a bit too far away from each other, so if you die it takes a lot of time to get back. I felt bored of the game after only going through like half of a round. Good game tho

2 Likes

Cool, thanks for the feedback!

I had deactivated sprint because I was concerned players would burn through the levels. I have reactivated it so hopefully it can feel less sluggish now.

Update: Sprint is enabled (Shift / RT); Additional checkpoints added; You now get 4 lives instead of 3;

Fun game until I got kicked and asked to see the game page for bug reporting info.

1 Like

Thats the anti-cheat… maybe it’s too strict? Ill decrease the thresholds.

I would like the button on mobile to be larger and when you go out of bounds, it would teleport you to your original position. Anyways, good job!:+1:t3:

1 Like

Good ideas, thanks! I’ll add them to the next update.