New Games Do Not Show Up In Roblox Search

Hi! I’m having the same issue. I just launched Magic Realms a couple of days ago, and I’ve received so many comments of people not being able to find the game when they search it. This is a pressing issue, as it’s hurting the results of my marketing campaign.

Here’s a link to the game: https://www.roblox.com/games/1847513827/Magic-Realms-LAUNCH-WEEKEND#!/about

Thanks!!

1 Like

To clarify, when I was beta testing, the search result would place my game on top. This has only been happening recently.

Just going to bump since this still happens

I’m going through the same problem. I released my game a week ago and it has 30k visits and It can’t be searched.

Even when typing the full name or partial it still doesn’t show up. Might be because of Roblox’s search using terms and not the full search.

Game: Batting Day (Clans) - 2.8 - Roblox

3 Likes

Hello I am replying in the forum chat for help with the same issue, I have launched two games and have had a few thousand visits however my games do not show up in the search bar, even if typed exactly how the game title is worded, any help is great.

Below are the links to my two games:
Monster Escape: Monster Escape V2 - Roblox

Zombie Task force tycoon: Zombie Task Force Tycoon - Roblox

It seems like popularity of the games is more prioritized than the actual name. I entered the name of my unreleased game (Bloxy Cola Factory, if you wonder) and I get this:

As you can see, there is not even a single mention of Bloxy Cola. It’s just popular games that have at least 1 word from the search. The actual game is at #171. Please make the name higher priority than popularity.

Sorry for engrish.

4 Likes

Over two weeks and my game’s still not searchable. Ouchie.
I imagine there’s a certain threshold on time since creation/visit count before your game can be searched.
Screenshot_1

1 Like

Not really. The reason why you don’t see your game in the search is the broken search. Someone would’ve already created a game with that name and it also wouldn’t show up.
I remember I tried to search for a game that is published by Roblox themselves and I had absolutely no results.

1 Like

Obviously botted games get to search almost immediately so I still suspect that search results aren’t actually getting games from the list of all games but from a special separate list that is updated regularly based on concurrent players/visits/growth rate

Would be really amazing if the Roblox staff replied to any of this.

4 Likes

I’m seeing this for our game Murder Party. If you keep scrolling down you can eventually find it at rank #315 on page 8 of results. It’s ranking below games with 0 likes and <100 visits. We’ve had the game published publicly for a few months now and just did a big ad push to test our beta version, so it definitely should be higher in search results.

https://www.roblox.com/games/4587037453/BETA-Murder-Party

3 Likes

I think I managed to fix this myself, I added the words “Murder Party” the game’s description and now it’s showing up in results.

5 Likes

How often does the search page update?

2 Likes

I have this same issue. When searching for my game, it does not show. Games that are not relevant to my search at all appear; they’re just games, not sponsored.

3 Likes

Yeah. I had my game since 2016 and it got almost 50k visits from people searching for it. Now about a year ago, I realized my place was not searchable anymore, and people were not visiting it. When you search for the place, no topics related to the search show up anymore. I had to remove the space in the name so it would show up… (tbh I was eventually gonna change the name but still)

3 Likes

The reason to this is most likely because When you search something up they find the MOST POPULAR games instead of the newer games.

1 Like

Call me old fashioned, but when you type in a word or literally the entire name of the game in the search bar, it should come up in the results. Tell me what you THINK after you give me the results that actually match. Please don’t give me foo when i search for bar. If they want their current search process great just do another search that matches name or description and stick those results in first.

7 Likes

Hello, I’m having the same issue. It’s been months that my game have been up, and I have reached 5k visits but my game doesn’t appear in the search bar, my game is dying because of the issue, can you please solve this.

The link of the game: [Fixed] A Hat in Time RP - Roblox

The issue is still happening, we’ve lost 12k ROBUX in ad due to it not working. Anything you can do about that… that’s a lot of money spent for nothing in return due to an issue because of roblox.

2 Likes

I am having a similiar problem. My game is the Don’t Press The Button 4. I have no idea why it’s so far down in the game search shouldn’t it be at the top since the games who are above my game has 0 players and less visits meanwhile my game has 130K+ visits and 400 players currently?

4 Likes

tldr: Google It!

Piling on a bit here, but I’ve also experienced this issue for a number of weeks. I’ve dismissed the fact that my game - Skate City Simulator - doesn’t show up in search due to its low popularity. I understand this and if I ran Roblox I’d probably put better performing games near the top of search results too. That said, I have had several folks message me saying they can’t find the game even when searching with the exact name. I would think it should come up if you search for the exact name, perhaps in quotes - at least on the first page.

Another interesting thing for others here to try: If I Google “Roblox Skate City Simulator” my game comes up on the Google page at the very top. So, promoting your game? Tell folks to Google it!!!

3 Likes

I have the same issue with my new game. Even though the name itself is actually unique smh

1 Like