New guns made in blender

How do these guns look? Anything I should improve upon before rigging them?

25 Likes

This looks amazing, but it seems a little too real for roblox.

4 Likes

Well, the point of my work is to primarily push roblox’s engine in hopes of making better quality models and games in the process, and to answer your second reply, it should get through moderation since my m16a3 did.

5 Likes

I absolutely love these, they look so realistic, and I hope to see more weapons like this in Roblox. I can’t see anything at all to improve. Great job!

6 Likes

I really do agree with with @Jxsh_y, It is a awesome build and there really is no improvement, i do not know what i was thinking. This would be awesome for developers that are trying to get as real as possible. :+1:

3 Likes

Please decrease the amount polygons! I already feel the lag, haha.

4 Likes

Your model seems pretty well made. Is it possible to see the topology of it?

To comment on @JustinOverload, I think it’s nice that you are going for a high-realism style. While low-poly is more performant and looks nice, it’s always a refreshing look in Roblox to see high attention to detail to pursue realism.

Adding onto this, If the model is too high-poly, like @Weldify points out, perhaps you could make a showcase where you simply allow the player to inspect your imported, hand-crafted models in detail? You can do so by splitting the model into separate Mesh Parts and using location data when importing. This way you don’t need to worry too much about performance, and you can still express yourself as an artist to your heart’s content.

Keep up the great work!

5 Likes

Yes it does have quite too many polygons to be one single mesh, however what I was thinking of doing is making a showcase to showcase the models of my guns and some animations, but what I struggle with is the scripting of making that a possibility. :sweat_smile: as for the topology, attached are some photos of the G36C topology, its a little messy but thats mostly due to booleans.

4 Likes

Really nice mesh, although I agree, a bit too many triangles :grin:

1 Like

Wow these guns are incredible! What game if any are these for?

They look amazing, could perhaps use slightly less polygons were possible but love the realism.
I’m still a starter with Blender, I see this as inspiration too, I eventually want to make models as good as these.

1 Like

Not for any specific game currently, just making them for a showcase. I’d like to make a showcase with a custom viewmodel and showcase my weapon models. like how I’ve done with this

3 Likes

These guns are outstanding! Although the poly count looks a bit much, are you able to import them into Roblox?

1 Like

I am able to import them yes, with all the parts combined it comes to only 40k polygons.

“only 40k” 30charactersssssssss

Well my build showcase was over 1.5 million polygons so I didn’t think it was that big of an issue :sweat_smile:

Imported into studio

1 Like

These weapons are well-made! After reading some replies to your post, it is awesome you are pushing the limits of the Roblox engine.

It’s nice to see some fresh styles of builds and models, and I personally think these guns are amazing. Definitely awesome that you most likely used real life weapons as references, although the first weapon has a thin handle.

Other than that, these weapons are pretty solid. Good job! :wink:

3 Likes