New humanoid controller causing crashes with more than 1 player

Trying to use the new OOP oriented character controller, the server crashes in around 30s with more than 1 player.
I’m using a slightly modified version of the scripts from this article
In my testing, the ControllerManager doesn’t even have to be parented to the character to cause a crash. The crash message(for all players) is Disconnected: Error code 273
Any help would be appreciated

5 Likes

We are working on a fix. For now, you can workaround by parenting the sensors in the server script to workspace first - or otherwise custom handling of LoadCharacter later.

waterSensor.Parent = workspace
floorSensor.Parent = workspace
ladderSensor.Parent = workspace
wait()
waterSensor.Parent = cm.RootPart
floorSensor.Parent = cm.RootPart
ladderSensor.Parent = cm.RootPart

I seem to be still getting this crash even when I do this workaround :sweat_smile: but atleast I now know a fix is in the works

2 Likes

It’s been a while since we’ve received an update on this issue. This issue has forced us to delay the release of our game, causing an unexpected setback.

We are currently blocked and urgently need a fix to proceed. Your prompt intervention in resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated, allowing us to resume our game development as planned.

What’s the latest and when can we expect a fix?

Do you have a repro I can try? This may be a separate issue. The known crash is fixed and we haven’t been seeing any other reports.