New In-Game Topbar

The top 36px of the screen is technically still reserved for Roblox UI. Not sure what you mean when you say we can edit the player list, outside of leaderstats we have literally 0 control.

(also, using Roblox’s slogan to defend every single argument we make is getting old; constructive points would be more helpful here!)

4 Likes

I like that this is changing, I don’t like what it’s changing into.
The Roblox logo doesn’t make sense, why wouldn’t you have the typical “hamburger” style, three-bar icon. I would think even a cog or gear for settings would make more sense. I also find the sizing off. The shadow for the Roblox logo doesn’t match the chat. To add to that, since there’s been a decision to remove the dark backdrop overlay the topbar had, It is very hard to see! If you’re in a bright environment then relying on the drop-shadow won’t help much. Especially on mobile. The three dots on the top right are also confusing. These two on the top left are filled in shapes, but this one is just an outline? If anything I think this is a mess of UI. I really hope this isn’t what you end up on. If I’d recommend anything Its just to stick with the old UI topbar and darken the back to match the new player list.

I made a mockup of a small change you could make to make the topbar match the new player list:
(Topbar is made darker to match player list color)

14 Likes

I disagree. You need the menu to be consistent on all games so that players in full screen mode don’t get effectively trapped in a game by developers. Likewise you don’t want shady devs putting purchase buttons hidden in the form of the menu button. There should always be unclickable space reserved for the Roblox menu.

8 Likes

You’ve got a point, putting a consistent menu prevents people doing “Pay 88 Robux to exit this game”. Still, there should be a hamburger icon instead of the Roblox logo.

4 Likes

I don’t usually say this but…
If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it. :joy:

11 Likes

It looks great, but the hamburger icon would fit in alot better.

10 Likes

Looks really nice tbh! The design look great, modern .

3 Likes

You surely mean Premium, right?

8 Likes

The logo is a bit out, I don’t see the point of having that there.

1 Like

I will miss the old roblox bar :frowning:

5 Likes

I didn’t see this screenshot, but it really doesn’t make sense to hide core features away in a menu!

And they changed the inventory hotkey?

1 Like

I think the big oversized roblox icon should be removed, and what about our name and the 13+ icon?

6 Likes

No backpack? Granted, I press `, but it’s sad to see it pushed away somewhere else for the few games that actually use default backpack stuff instead of implementing weird un-reorganizable circle ui.
Glad to see the health bar is bigger insteead of the like 5 pixels we have (still miss the old pre-2016 health bar spot)

4 Likes

I think this looks great. i always love a ui update

3 Likes

Quick question: Does clicking the ROBLOX button will open the pause menu?
(Also know as the menu when you press the “ESC” keyboard?)

Honestly, it seems very weird to use the ROBLOX Logo on it, i’d prefer using the three bars, like the old one. The rest seems fine for me.

4 Likes

Alot of people are gonna miss the old topbar, many others going to love the new.

I’d be… in the middle. The old bar looks just comfortable to me, and the new one is fine, although I would prefer a dark bar on the buttons in case you’re in a bright game.

5 Likes

kinda interesting but it looks like we’re playing Roblox console
even I didn’t know what device I’m using :blush:

3 Likes

Many people seems to dislike the change, but honestly I am a big fan of it :slight_smile:
Being able to access the 36 pixels(except for the parts reserved) will help us to position ui at the very top instead of consuming the extra space below (because it was un-clickable) and overall expand the viewport of the player.

5 Likes

You can create a new ScreenGui and put your own black bar at the top if you would want to keep the appearance.

Make sure to enable this property, IgnoreGuiInset

6 Likes

This honestly doesn’t appeal to me, and I think it will cause major controversy in the community similar to the leaderboard controversy. For the most part, the inventory keybind annoys me. In picture 2, I realized that there are new keybinds. I honestly don’t like how the inventory is backslash. I think that it should be `, since it is more in reach. Since I am right handed, I use the mouse with the right, and use the left part of the keyboard with my left. If I wanted to go to inventory, I would have to stop the mouse, and use my right hand to activate it. I really don’t want to move my right hand back and forth since it’s honestly a big nuisance. Changing its keybind will also have to get “to used to”. I hope that you developers will take this into consideration and keep the inventory button as it is. Thank you

Awesomed_AZ, UI Designer

4 Likes