New In-Game Topbar

I think this looks better than boring stuff previously. I don’t like the health bar. Just waiting for you to finally change od that nothing-showing ROBLOX logo and ROBLOX website to something more creative.

1 Like

I also agree with bringing the hamburger icon back. The Roblox logo seems like a watermark, and not a button that brings up the in-game menu. Games often have menus marked by the hamburger icon and not their logo. Otherwise, I like how the less necessary options like Backpack or Emotes got moved to the right. But I am kinda used to how on the right there’s my username, the “Account: 13+” and the health bar. Using just the health bar makes the topbar kinda empty and not preserving the features people were used to. If not bring back the account age, at least make it so there’s your account name above the HP bar, the HP bar alone just makes it feel weird.

11 Likes

Constant changes to the CoreGui that are hard to disable are one of my greatest annoyances of the platform. This completely breaks my UI design yet again.
topbar
Forcing me to conform to Roblox’s idea of UI design doesn’t exactly do much to power my imagination. It’s nice that Roblox is updating its defaults, but not allowing developers to disable them completely is incredibly frustrating. I want to design my own GUI.

If your design goals were to make a (disabled) TopBar that is more lightweight than the previous one, then you have NOT succeeded.

The design is far less neutral, and bigger.
Roblox icon overlapped .
“The Topbar area is still 36 pixels tall”, the Roblox icon is bigger than that however.
The top left of the screen contains valuable screen real estate that is now ruined.

Let me remove this icon please.

25 Likes

That looks great but when will the inventory GUI change?

It looks so out of place and poorly made…

5 Likes

I feel like the hamburger icon should be back to 3 lines other than the Roblox icon.

It could cause confusion and it looks out of place…

11 Likes

I like that you’ve gone and made the top-bar less intrusive, but I’d prefer if the icon for the settings menu was changed. Having it be the ROBLOX logo is extremely unaesthetic and appears low-effort.

5 Likes

I love the design and the new improvements, which the rest of the UI finally matches with the new PlayerList/Leaderboard.

1 Like

I don’t like the roblox logo, it should still be the 3 lines then its perfect.

11 Likes

Why? Does this have any real need to be removed? My game sets the transparency to 0 (OldBLOX) and losing this would cause it to look weird.

4 Likes

I really like the change! It looks more open and maybe won’t be a problem when you are making full screen GUIs.

3 Likes

Can we have the ability to click buttons placed by the developer in those 36px yet please?

It’s lovely having the extra space and being able to make our GUIs take a bit more visual priority, however it’s still fairly unusable space as far as interaction is concerned. Perhaps just the two corners could remain ‘unclickable’ now that the extra icons have been moved to a menu.

13 Likes

I honestly prefer the old topbar. This new one feels too empty, especially with the transparency, and I prefer the hamburger icon over the Roblox logo, which feels too large and obtrusive. Considering that this topbar is attempting to be lightweight, I don’t want an obtrusive Roblox logo in my face while I’m playing a game.

also new settings menu when?

8 Likes

Nice ui, clean, simple, and forward looking, the only problems are that A. the ui having no background means it’ll easily get lost in fog/skyboxes as they’re pretty bright and you wont be able to see it probably B. The roblox icon for the settings looks jarring, it’s already not a settings icon type thing but its also way too large compared to the other icons. :weary: That being said though, i like most of the changes. hopefully the toolbar and if not included the chat will be changed too. Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Except now there’s a new watermark… a huge cheeze-it.

5 Likes

Developer UI in the Topbar Area that is not behind Roblox buttons will be clickable.

You can achieve the same effect by adding your own UI behind the Topbar.

20 Likes

Roblox: UI survey for UI designer

Roblox a few weeks later: Unbelievably bad update that triggers people’s OCD

Unable to relate.

Honestly, did you hire UI designers for the UI updates?

5 Likes

I do not like this new topbar. This one looks empty.

7 Likes

But is that really “Powering Imagination”? The idea of Roblox is to create what you want to create using Roblox Studio, but making UI elements forced and not editable by developers limits that. You should be able to edit the Roblox’s topbar to your liking, like the PlayerList.

2 Likes

Is there a way for developers to test the new topbar before it’s publicly released?

Some of us will need to modify our current topbars to work alongside these changes before they go live.

18 Likes

It looks nice but i will miss that grey bar in the top :frowning:

5 Likes