New In-Game Topbar

It looks really nice, clean, and modern but I am still biased to the old one. Probably just many years of the old topbar has been really drilled into me. Is it just the pictures or is there no padding between the Roblox logo and the top of the screen?

32 Likes

Itā€™ll take some time getting used to it and the community will complain about it non-stop. But it really does look great and is a step in the right direction. Maybe the Settopbartrabsparency should remain, but just be invisible by default?

38 Likes

This is awesome, it allows games to have even more uniqueness to them while still incorporating the Roblox UI by taking up even less space than before. :+1:

27 Likes

I really like this new UI change but whatā€™s with the Roblox icon having lots of offset?

23 Likes

Iā€™ll be honest, I donā€™t like the Roblox logo at all. It feels like a watermark being forced onto every game. I prefer the hamburger icon, as itā€™s not very intrusive to the gameā€™s feel

88 Likes

This looks very modern and will finally make the new leaderboard match the UI. Love it!

19 Likes

Letā€™s be honest, saving space? The old one is pretty minimal already, too minimal will just ruin the user experience.

And also, the old topbar is pretty modernized, I donā€™t see a reason to have a topbar replacement.

You can make UI ontop of the topbar by some tweaks anyway.

45 Likes

this new change to the topbar is great! makes it feel like when your playing that it makes you see the whole environment, without an annoying bar on the top blocking your view.

18 Likes

It looks so cool! I cant wait to see it for myself!

14 Likes

Overall, I like how it looks!

However, I feel the old hamburger icon should be brought back, and the icon for bringing up the different core GUIs on the right should be moved into the Settings menu, to free up some screen real-estate.

Overall though, this is a great change!

51 Likes

yes in the second screenshot it says ā€œopen ledearboard tabā€

14 Likes

Is there any way to fork the old bar to use in your games? I would prefer to keep the old style for older games so they stay true to the nostalgia.

The update has not been shipped yet so you should be able to open studio and save a copy of the CoreGui/CoreScripts if you would currently like to.

I have done it for you though, and for the people who might need it and did not happen to do it before the update had been shipped.

Here is the file:
CoreGui.rbxm (1.1 MB)
Or a model if you prefer to insert it from toolbox: https://www.roblox.com/library/5027709777/-

You would probably be interested in the specific folder: RobloxGui

55 Likes

Would really really want a transparent background bar like before + donā€™t include the Roblox icon, just have that as the emote icon.

10 Likes

I really like this change.
The new Topbar along with the leaderboard looks very modern and good in my opinion.
I prefer this new Topbar more than the old, thanks to everyone involved in making this happen.

16 Likes

Would be great if a remake like this happened to the default Roblox backpack :eyes:

16 Likes

Hey there, i do not like the way it looks at all. The current one that we currently have works fine and is modern what Roblox is looking for (Not actually sure). Id rather use this, than that one. (when not using key shortcuts).

You are able to use some of the things much more easily, like checking inventory, emotes, leaderboard. Also, i would say that the current icons are already good enough.

31 Likes

I love this modern look. It matches newer styles of UI.

20 Likes

i for one wonā€™t miss the input-sinking black void at the top of most roblox games

41 Likes

The modern look is nice and itā€™s subtle enough that developers gui elements stand out. Hoping to see leaderboards support for mobile devices to come out in the near future as well.

10 Likes

If you prefer the legacy one entirely then fork the legacy one and use it in your game. The only thing you will have to worry about is not being able to easily integrate features that the ROBLOX legacy topbar could do initially.

If you donā€™t know how to fork it then you can check out my post.

13 Likes