New In-Game Topbar

It is so clean and out of the way, and plus we can put more UI at the top

1 Like

The fact that it isn’t 32 pixels is… Oh man. :frowning:

5 Likes

I think it’s the purpose so the devs can make their own guis and have more space for it

When is this going to be released?

The menu is already been added for PC users, and the full topbar I think will release early May or this week.

1 Like

Well Im a pc user and i have not seen the new topbar even yet and roblox being upgraded a few times

4 Likes

Roblox has been updated for me many times and instead of the old topar appearing the normal topbar dissapears for a few seconds.

7 Likes

When will it be released? I need to know for my game.

Looks great. I like it how you guys are re making everything. All though I will miss the old top bar.

yeah… i have he same issue, so i restart my Roblox luncher. Hope it gonna be fixed soon.

1 Like

On god the new top bar slaps, really interested how it proceeds soon

Topbar concept design
Hello! Here’s a concept design for what I think the new Roblox Topbar could look like in the future, keeping the Roblox logo and original icons. The only real way to use the Roblox logo in the Topbar is to add a rotated border around it in my opinion. I also added a transparent gradient that fades into a lighter color behind the Chat and Backpack icons. Going with the curved corners of the player list, I made the chat box area curved as well, lined up with the edge of the Roblox icon. This will interfere not with most current GUIs either, as people already know to keep them clear of the chat area. I hope you take my ideas into consideration throughout the redesign. Thanks!

Up-Close Example:

Full Screen Example:

In response to common problems:
“Kind of distracting” - The comment by LexiDog5 was left before the full-screen image, and it’s not as distracting as it may look up-close, but if it really is an issue, this could be fixed rounded like ArchitectGuy is saying. Maybe something like this?

21 Likes

In my opinion, this would make the topbar’s design feel really unneutral and kind of distracting. The most ideal topbar is probably one that has a design that’s neutral enough where it could look fine in any game (unless more customization is added for the topbar)
Also this could interfere with existing GUIs, some people move the chatbox to the bottom left of the screen so they can have some GUI at the top left. This would cause the Roblox logo’s background to go on top of the developer’s GUI there.

7 Likes

A top bar where the logo takes up additional space than everything else unnecessarily is not a good topbar.

5 Likes

Hey, that a good idea maybe even better to make it roundify. And i would like for the chat to remove those […], It would be very cool.

1 Like

I like things to be straight and not bumpy. The top bar is no exception.

2 Likes

i think this new topbar will be a great change! the only thing i’m not really happy about is the menu button being the logo over there at the top left corner. the window caption already has the logo on the left side for those playing on Windows.
perhaps change the button to a hamburger like the old topbar to reduce redundancy?

Hamburger

4 Likes

I disagree with this. The :roblox_light: icon being used on the topbar implies that it’s Roblox’s menu. A hamburger can be any menu, even a game-specific menu.

6 Likes

the update is great! But my client still doesn’t show this new menu and i don’t know if its normal…

Nobody has the new topbar yet and the new menu is currently an A/B test.

1 Like