New In-Game Topbar

really the top bar looks very empty, I don’t like it very much, the previous one was better, at least add a background like the previous one and that can be used :SetTopbarTransparency()

1 Like

i believe than they sould revoke the update and listen to our feedback

2 Likes

I believe in bee swarm simulator they disabled emotes, default backpack, and the default leaderboard
When you disable those three things, the context menu open button disappears.

Try pressing tab to open up the leaderboard in bee swarm simulator, you can’t do it. So I am assuming that is exactly what they did

Tested it earlier in studio and found that out

I think this is a great innovation, it’s finally starting to fit in with the new modern feel to roblox. You may have seen many modern changes such as the user ad page being changed, the logo change, website changes, and in-game topbars.

1 Like

It doesn’t fit well with user interface in games.

1 Like

If you disable chat… can you make a custom one?

1 Like

Yes, you just need to disable the core gui and it should work exactly the same.

Alright, because In Bee Swarm Sim, they have a custom chat.

1 Like

Would you like me to send you a screenshot through messages showing that it still works?

Alright, if you wish. Thank you.

1 Like

The topper looks great but the only problem is on mobile the leaderboard is messed up. It does not disappear and when you try to close it you can’t move.

As a User Interface Designer, I can say this update is not an improvement, and it would be better if the backgrounds to the buttons were removed and instead replaced by shadow. The buttons should also be solid, possibly scriptable colors to fit more well with games.

3 Likes

In my opinion it is better when all core GUI’s are removed, I believe it is less distracting.

1 Like

The black background button is a little distracting for me.

EDIT: It is also not positioned right which is why its causing me to be distracted by it.

2 Likes

I made a chat and i think it fits very well (maybe take some notes ? :3)

(This is done by editing some of the current chat’s properties)

17 Likes

If the font was Gotham and the text stroke was removed. I believe that would look more official.

I disagree, it’s always better to show more game content. Before the bar was just filling up valuable screen real estate.

1 Like

Yes, but now the design is worse.

2 Likes

I guess that’s a matter of personal opinion in this case.

I would change the [name]: and make it name:
it will look much more realistic

1 Like