New In-Game Topbar

It doesn’t fit well at all with custom made user interface, I’ve already explained how to make it more versatile in my previous messages.

no

9 Likes

The original design, with its flaws, was even better than this.

2 Likes

Well, it’s not Roblox’s responsibility to make it “fit well” with older custom user interfaces.
They only have a responsibility to make sure the api is compatible with legacy code.

User Interfaces can and should be updated to match this new design.

1 Like

Well it’s a matter of opinion, if it does not fit your UI then I recommend re-designing it inside your game.

2 Likes

Last time I checked, the slogan for Roblox is Powering Imagination, not forcing players to do something a certain way. There are ways to make this update more versatile and well made with any custom made user interface. I explained ways such as making the logo a solid color (possibly editable by a script) and adding a small shadow to emphasize it. The gradient does not match well at all and most importantly, it is not even positioned correctly. It is not right to force players to do a certain theme, because games should be unique and not uniform.

2 Likes

Wait actually it looks okay but both are good
(30 Characters moment)

I personally like the design, it is able to be changed. UI Designers don’t seem to have a problem making custom chat, why have a problem with other CoreGUI?

Certain core guis can be removed, but not edited.

1 Like

The buttons have always been standard. Its a matter of accessibility and familiarity.

If you like the older bar you can always just add your own. :man_shrugging:

I cannot just add my own because there is no way to disable the ugly, incorrectly positioned Roblox Logo.

2 Likes

Yes I agree with you, I typically make custom ui instead of using the default chat, backpack, etc. But what bothers me is how unmodern and overall just bad the new interface looks.

3 Likes

Is there any way to have a game use the previous topbar?

1 Like

the problem with that is that some parts of the core gui are either imposible to recreate or very tedious to since they are locked behind a security wall.

it’s like trying to recreate the old playerlist with all it’s features.

2 Likes

Currently, no. I believe this is because they would have to keep both codes.

1 Like

Now I see why this is bad…

13 Likes

It would be a godly feature to have this option.

What is the new function for setting Topbar Transparency, my game’s and a lot of other game’s loading screens run :SetTopbarTransparency to make things look smooth.

Xbox user doesn’t even have a topbar. There is nothing there. (Low resolution sorry.)

Also where the original topbar was there is an empty space.

1 Like

they deprecated this function it will no longer work

i suggest now using ignoreguinset since it will be the only option for loading screens