New In-Game Topbar

The new topbar looks much less open than the old one did (at least if you set the topbar transparency to 1). What happened to this one?

The drop shadows looked really good. I would love if we had a function that allowed us to switch between the big gray boxes around the buttons and drop shadows.

6 Likes

I really like what you have done there!

2 Likes

Dude, they are probably getting a response from the players so they know hwo to update it.

Roblox is updating every UI element one at a time. Theyā€™ll probably update the chat later after theyā€™re done with the new menu and top bar.

And also, please donā€™t be rude. Thereā€™s no need for toxicity here.

4 Likes

I am confused why a bunch of other people are getting the full updates all at once and why not everyone itā€™s werid if they doing it one at a time and right now it just to me looks horrible

2 Likes

The main problem with them updating the chat is that many games rely on forked chat scripts, which will result in using the currently existing chat GUI.

Also Roblox can you make the chat easier to edit, having to go in there and manually edit it through hardcode is a bit monotonous.

2 Likes

EP

I edited my chat box already itā€™s annoying the default chat box just donā€™t fit anymore with the new top bar same with the health bar and I dont like the fact it dont show your username or age anymore

1 Like

I agree that i liked the first one, but it could be hidden or not well seen in some places that are too bright.
However, i really liked the position of these buttons, especially in mobile just like for the right hand used for (ā€¦) And the left for the menu :roblox_light: . I think this is a solid update but need some updates and had some bugs.

Itā€™s amazing but on how it looks by Windows/Mac its difference is quite a bit as the mobile In-Game Topbar, but it has great development to it tough.

@axcracy Thereā€™s nothing stopping you from adding your own topbar into the inset.

Thatā€™s true, but I feel in general the Topbar looks better when itā€™s not fully transparent. A lot of other games had GUIs that utilised SetTopbarTransparency, and itā€™s just annoying that itā€™s been removed.

Instead of deprecating PlayerGui:SetTopbarTransparency, can it be reused to work with these backgrounds?

6 Likes

For mobile, I feel like having no black bar across the screen is nice as extra room is precious. However, the Roblox logo, chat, and the more button would make sense if they were bigger because it is hard to touch them correctly. I do really like the look though!

5 Likes

I donā€™t really know where else to put this, so Iā€™ll just put it here. Is Roblox phasing out VR for good? In the new in-game menu, the option to toggle it is nowhere to be found.

Itā€™s not in the main panel or the Advanced Settings panel, whereas itā€™s perfectly visible in the old menu.

The only way to toggle it when using the new menu is to edit the actual settings file. Iā€™m really hoping this was just an oversight, since it seems like even though VR may have a smaller playerbase, I find new games that support it every once in a while. Itā€™d be a shame if Roblox just decided to drop the feature altogether with no prior warning, let alone at all.

22 Likes

You need to relax, every player has received a different version of the update. Simply use an alt account and you will see that it will have a different design. Itā€™s to get a wide range of feedback from users.

2 Likes

The mobile menu was not changed yet.

2 Likes

Is there any possibility that the elements for the playerā€™s username and age status could be re-implemented?

I found those rather useful in identifying if someone was who they said they were in context of asking for certain roles to be rewarded in social servers or in terms of data restoration.

While I could re-add these myself or use an alternative method of verifying someoneā€™s identity, it would be more convenient to me to have them re-added.

3 Likes

Now that the update is showing on my computer, I stand by my original opinion. The new Topbar does not look good and comes off as just another pointless update. What was an actual problem with the previous one? The actual bar couldā€™ve been removed, but to change the Buttons seem really weird and unneeded. They donā€™t look as clean and not as nice. I do not see how this is modernizing ROBLOX when the previous version looks way more modern. But, this is my opinion at the end of the day and they could do whatever they want.

5 Likes

imo that doesnā€™t look as nice because the chat window still isnā€™t aligned with the pause/menu button and not every chat message should be in itā€™s own container. I find it much nicer to look at if the chat messages are on one consistent background, but it does fit better with the new UI changes

1 Like

I made a better one here and yeah i agree , it was 3 am and my brain thought it looked good but it didnā€™t.

5 Likes

Didnā€™t see that. It looks much better and fits very well with the new topbar! All things considered, Iā€™m surprised they changed the topbar/pause menu first being that itā€™s one of the most essential parts of gameplay and screwing it up wouldnā€™t be for the best, compared to screwing up something like the chat GUI.

6 Likes