New In-Game Topbar

Wait a minute… It does have a transition? Not all the time though, but I just saw it do the same transition as if you switched tabs when I opened the menu. But this only happened twice anyways.

1 Like

It does seem to be very inconsistent, I’ve also noticed some issues with the advanced settings being completely on top ignoring the slider down, which since then has been fixed but was a bit odd. I’ve attached a short gif of me using the menu, personally, I think it should take up a lot more since having it take up only 1/3 of the page seems…off. I see the animations on the internal components but it seems to lack it in the beginning, just appearing.

Off-topic side note while I wait for the gif to upload to imgur: I’m eating a tiny triple berry pie from Fred Meyer and it’s delicious.

3 Likes

Looks nice, very modernized. The other one was better in my opinion, this one is very plaid and boring.

1 Like

It is a fairly big update, so it will take a while for it to register for all users.

4 Likes

I would assume they left it there on purpose, say if you are loading in and it is taking forever you can easily leave the game.

The redesign looks great except for the Roblox Logo.
It should be replaced with the hamburger or something else because it doesn’t make sense to have the game’s logo to be in the game specially when its being used as Menu.

2 Likes

Could you remove the random roblox logo at the top left corner? it looks very out of place.

1 Like

enjoy the old menu while it lasts

1 Like

Has anyone got the new menu on mobile yet? I am very interested on how it will turn out.

Still waiting. It’s feels weird that I have it on my computer but not on my phone.

2 Likes

To save yourselves from this, if you think it’s an abomination, here’s a cleaner topbar you can feel free to use if you think it’s that bad, which I have to agree, it is…

Preview

Source file (.xd)

topbar.xd - Google Drive

3 Likes

Why can’t y’all understand that they’re trying to get rid of the top bar… plus the emote icon dosen’t even fit at all. I’m sorry but i don’t personally like it and i like the current top bar much much more.

1 Like

I don’t seem to have the new menu AT ALL.

1 Like

Personally I don’t like that one either, but getting rid of top bar isn’t worth it if player’s cant draw their attention away from the ugliness of the new one. Like I mentioned before, the old top bar may have been intrusive and bulky, but at least it looked nice against multiple styles of UI… This new one is so horrendously bad that I can’t even look away from it when playing… It’s distracting :confused:

A better design needs to be thought out.

2 Likes

While the new topbar is great and I like it, the Escape menu was great as it was. According to the screenshots (I am not included in the A/B test), it looks kinda worse. I am not trying to say that “change is bad”, however changing an important part of the GUI will get backlash from the Roblox community. The main problem with major changes is that people will have to get used to the newer menu and the new font (Gotham instead of Source Sans Pro), and as the Roblox client cannot be downgraded for obvious reasons, and thus people will have this forced upon them, without a way to revert back to the old one. The PlayerList and the topbar were minor changes which are not used that much due to button shortcuts, and you can even hide the PlayerList, so they were OK.
Also where’s the Record tab and the Reset Character button?
This bit of feedback is from the current screenshots available in this thread - not including the separate tabs. Also if you are going to redesign the Help tab, at least include the Roblox client version somewhere so people can include it in client bug reports.

These warnings have shown up in studio on every file even a blank baseplate since new topbar. What can I do? 2 other friends have the same problem.
White_Pointer
Mike
Mhp48@bellsouth.net

4 Likes

Yes, I get that too, I don’t know what is that meant to be.

1 Like

Yes, this is how I want it to be
TopBar

You do know that you can add the old top bar back easily right ?

Yes I do… You are missing my point though. If Roblox is going to add any big core GUI changes, they should release a better design. As I said, the old top bar imo is better than the new one, but I did not say it is the best it can be. I do like Roblox’s goal to make the top bar as small and unnoticeable as possible, and I still want a top bar that can achieve that goal. I am just saying this isn’t the top bar that achieves that goal while still looking good.

2 Likes