As a Roblox PLAYER, it is currently too hard to understand the moderation page. Moderation page used for warnings also doesn’t make sense.
The page for it is 2007 era and also it doesn’t work with site themes, turning it blue.
Let’s talk about ban interface.
Example formatting: [Pardon the typos in the image]
What it needs:
- I really think moderators have to mark what’s wrong with the content. For audios it would be a fragment which contains the rule-breaking moment. For images or text it will be an animated red box. Simple?
- Images shouldn’t appear as content deleted… I want to know what was on it…
- Timer would help, because the game is now international and we don’t know what timezone exactly it is.
- Additional explanation could be something you get in appeal mails, for example “This person has been known for this and this activity, and their portrayal is banned from our platform.”
- Past rules should be taken into consideration - if it’s long time, it should be avoided. Unless it’s swears or nudity. Those were always bad. Removal of such content should be informed with warning system I have proposed.
- ToS rule being displayed would clarify what exactly happened. It would also prevent “pewdie”-like bans.
- Maybe slapping an ID of the asset would help?
We should be able to browse the site, but be limited from updating, posting or changing anything.
I want to check if I have more models that could break this rule… Maybe even remove them…
The offsale update only makes it harder for me to find my stuff without using my own account…
Oh also DevForum login.
Now about warnings.
Warnings should appear in inbox like system messages, but have a symbol in our notifications, so we see it in the topbar area. You can’t turn that off.
Using ban interface for that only gives us a mini-heartattack.
I think this would be better.
Warnings also need similar explaining.
If staff is able to adress this issue, it would be a quality of life change.
Especially when the game is aiming to be international.
I had multiple short bans for stuff I just wasn’t aware of - infamous “red bandana” ban, because apparently US has some gang with those (and I don’t even live there, how am I supposed to know?).
I recommend checking other moderation-related threads.
Once combined, it would prevent many misunderstandings and unwanted bloodshed.