New Kart Racing Game - Octane Rally

Game Here: ๐ŸŽ๏ธ Octane Rally (OUT NOW!) ๐ŸŽ๏ธ - Roblox

Welcome, to Octane Rally!

My Kart Racing game after nearly a full year of development is finally out!

Up to 8 player racing, Duke it out in battle mode, Or set your new best lap time in the time trial mode!

Collect coins to upgrade your kart, buy animations and more!

Private server players can pick from any track in the game.

NOTE: This game requires a decent internet connection for the best results, I highly recommend playing the game while wired into your internet with an Ethernet cable

6 Likes

This game is so good! I like the UI, Icon, camera movement, map, etc.

1 Like
  1. It would be great if there were arrows on the map to show players where to go. That way, itโ€™d be easier to know the right direction.

2. I get why the camera stays put when driving, but it will be better if we could move it around freely while driving.

3. I donโ€™t really see the benefit of โ€œdriftingโ€ in the game. It feels like it slows me down instead of helping.

4. How about putting things in the game that make you go faster, like speed boosts, and creating shorter paths to take? That could make the game more fun!

2 Likes

In the Tutorial, can you please lay the control keys out in the relative keyboard positions. The look wonky โ€œas isโ€.
When selecting a level, please use left and right arrows for the course selection. By all means use the Q & E labels on them, but the buttons do not seem to relate to their function.

I do wonder if I feel a bit removed from the action with the camera set so far back from the player. I would suggest experimenting with different positions to see how it affects the sense of speed. Or allow the player to choose different camera positions using the standard โ€œCโ€ key press.

These are not complaints. Your UIs are wonderfully made.

2 Likes

These are actually really important criticisms because Iโ€™m a solo developer. They are where they are because they felt right to me and this is the first major stress test with other players.

Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like