[New KPIs and Lower Enrollment] Announcing the Analytics Dashboard - Measure, Track, & Make Data-Driven Decisions

Thx for the clarification! We’ll bring this back to our prioritization discussion

2 Likes

Have y’all had any thoughts on incorporating AB testing into the analytics system?

1 Like

This is amazing, great update! :+1:

4 Likes

That’s our future consideration. Probably won’t be available any time soon.

Hey

I don’t have the regular role to make a feature request, but maybe it could just become part of the analytics dashboard

Following games has been a thing for years now and we still have no metric regarding how many followers our game has and over what period of time, is that a planned feature for the future?

Thx for the feedback. Can you explain what actions you could potentially take once having the data?

It’s just a nice thing to know really,
There’s no real reason to have it as part of the analytics dashboard specifically (in terms of making data driven decisions) - but it seems like it’d be a good idea to concentrate all of the game related stats there eventually

we currently have no data regarding how many followers we actually have, we can only get a very rough estimation based on how many views the update announcement gets, which is probably very inaccurate due to people simply not looking at the notification (I know I don’t)

It’s definitely not a priority - just a nice data to have to give you better estimation of how many people are generally interested in future updates

1 Like

Hi developers,

We are excited to introduce a new Group permission - “View group experience analytics”, which allows you to control who can see your analytics data.

Many experiences are developed by a team and organized through Roblox Groups. Currently anyone who has the “Create and edit group experiences” permission can view both the standard analytics dashboard (if your experience is enrolled) and developer stats page. However, lots of KPIs are sensitive information, such as your revenue, that you as the experience owner may not want everyone to see. To address this challenge, we added a new permission on Group Settings so that you can only turn it on to certain roles such as your administrator. Please note that this permission is independent of the game edit permission, which means members who only have the view analytics permission won’t be able to edit your game and vice versa.

Actions Needed

The permission is by default off for all roles except the owner. To give other members access, go to Groups, select the one we’d like to configure, click the “…” on the top right and choose “Configure Group”, and then navigate to the “Roles” tab. Please note only group owners are allowed to do such operations. You can either turn it on for either the existing roles or creating a new role.

This is a small yet meaningful step for us to offer granular controls for your development and operations. We’ll continue to make progress towards this direction. Feel free to leave any feedback you have.

To better security,
The Roblox Creator Services Team

Update on 3/22/2022

Please note your group role need to have the “Create and edit group experiences” permission to list the group in Creator Dashboard, and the “View group experience analytics” to view the analytics pages, i.e. you need both permissions to access the analytics dashboard. We understand this is not ideal and are working with the Creator Dashboard team to have a better permission control system.

13 Likes

It took me 4 days to find this announcement, I thought analytics were broken and filed a ticket :smile:

3 Likes

Is this meant to work now? I’m unable to access two groups I have access to - one on an alternate account, and one on my main.

I’m told I have the “View group experience analytics” permission for this account. Developer Stats & Creator Dashboard don’t seem to work properly. They have the Analytics Dashboard enabled.

Page: https://create.roblox.com/creations/experiences/2835932194/stats
Group: Purple Diamond Studio - Roblox

Doesn’t appear here either:

1 Like

Sorry about that. Pls let us know if there’s a better way to notify you for updates like this.

1 Like

Are you unable to see the Purple Diamond Studio group in the Creator Dashboard dropdown?

1 Like

Correct - only myself and two groups that I own.

SHAREX_1647892881

No dropdown on the game’s page to access the old Developer Stats either.

A lot of bots tend to track new posts being made under the announcement categories, and as a result new announcements are surfaced to a lot of developers extremely quickly (I almost exclusively rely on discord bots for this).

When there’s a new update for stuff like this, perhaps announce it in a new thread instead of doing it as a reply, and then linking the new thread as a reply? Doing it exclusively as a reply relies on everyone having notifications for all replies enabled, which - almost no one does.

5 Likes

We did some investigation and realized you need both “game edit” and “view analytics” permission in order to see the group on Creator Dashboard and the navigate to the analytics pages. I’ve updated the original post. Sorry for the confusion. We’re working with internal teams to figure out a better permission system.

2 Likes

Thx for the suggestion. We’ll try to do new announcement for updates like this in the future.

2 Likes

I can already see all the sensitive KPIs on the Developer Stats page, will that page be removed soon to make this feature actually impact my ability to see sensitive KPIs?

2 Likes

In the long term, we do want to retire the developer stats page as it’s a legacy system. We’ll need to have feature parity on the standard dashboard first. So it’ll take some time to there.

3 Likes

A bit late, but I’m wondering
What’s the difference between Stickiness and Retention?
I see slightly different values but their descriptions are the same

EDIT:
Mentioned in the thread is this:

• Retention means any new players who came back on the 1/7/30 day after their first session.
  • Stickiness means all players, both new and existing, who came back on the 1/7/30 day.

But I have a few questions about how that works,
How do you differentiate new players from all players?
to my understanding, both retention and stickiness track how many of the players are coming back on the second, eighth and 31st day, so doesn’t that mean that none of the players are new players?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.