New Loading Intro - Feedback?

Hey all! I’m Infinite_Visions, proud owner of Visions Games. I have recently updated my loading intro in my game The Coast, as it is the first 15 seconds in-game that really give players an impression. I attempted to include a tutorial (and something to look at), inside of the loading screen. I was wondering, what do you guys (or gals), think of it? What can I do better, to make it look cleaner, nicer, and more entertaining? What sort of impression does it give you? Thank you all!

The loading screen:

Thanks for your time, and have an outstanding day/night!

3 Likes

I don’t if it was a recording problem but i noticed that the wheel was not in a smooth rolling but anyways cool intro

2 Likes

The intro is cool but waiting for 30 seconds could be an issue for people who already know so you might want to implent a skip button/function. The sharks in the loading screen seem like you tried to have them with their mouth open but it just does not look right. Otherwise great intro!

2 Likes

Hey, thanks for the feedback! A skip function would definitely be great, thanks for the idea!

1 Like

That is just my laggy computer (it is pretty old), and my recording software, lol. Thanks for the feedback though!

You’re right that the first 15 seconds give the player an impression of the game. But… the impression they’d get from sitting doing nothing, just having to read a tutorial for that 15 seconds isn’t very good. I’m not a fan of fake loading screens - I think everyone would rather get into the game faster rather than wait for an arbitrary ‘loading’ screen to pass.

The screen itself is actually pretty cool, but I don’t think this is a particularly good idea for loading into the game. Maybe this could be used in a shorter version for loading and teleporting into a map, but it’s much too long for new players to sit through, especially younger players.

2 Likes

That’s probably pretty fair. I disabled roblox’s loading screen, in favor of this, but I will shorten it up, and add in a “skip” button. Thanks!

1 Like