New Luau features crash studio

Reproduction Steps
We have been getting consistent crashes (100% of the time) in certain places that use Luau types ever since this feature Luau-Powered Autocomplete & Language Features: Documentation + Full Release! was turned on. All of the places that crash have shared code in them that contains many complex Luau types.
Here’s one of the places that crashes as soon as it loads in studio:

It seems that the flag “LSPAutocomplete_preAlpha” is what makes studio crash 100% of the time. Turning that flag off fixes the issue.
Crashing occurs even when not using the built in script editor (or autocomplete) at all, and on all devices we have tested (windows 10/11, macos 12).

Expected Behavior
I expect studio to load without issues.

Actual Behavior
Studio crashes instantly when loading the linked place.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Crashing
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-01-29 00:01:00 (-05:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-02-02 00:02:00 (-05:00)

3 Likes

We’ve made some adjustments to active flags in Studio, can you check again and see if you still have a crash?

Also, the experience you’ve linked is private, is that intentional?

2 Likes

Seems like it is still crashing. :anguished:

The place is supposed to be private, I’ll get you the place file in a private message for you to check out.

1 Like

We have found the issue, but unfortunately the fix will only arrive next week.

4 Likes

I thought the new update experience for Studio allowed for updates at any part of the week?

1 Like

Hi - it seems like Studio updated for this week now, but we’re still getting the crashes.
Has the relevant fix been made available yet?

1 Like

The fix has been enabled, can you please check again?

3 Likes

No longer getting any crashes, thank you! :grin:

Marking this as solved, if anyone wants to close the thread go ahead.

1 Like

I’ve still been getting crashes. I edit a few lines of code and studio just shuts down instantly without a warning. The autocomplete doesn’t appear either.

Please file a new bug report, seeing as the poster marked a solution here.