New Members should be able to post bug reports and feature requests themselves

So then why is there an issue with just flagging the post, I see other post on the forum get flagged and withing seconds sometimes or a few minutes the post is removed, so why can that be the same with the bugs category, and I know your gonna say engineers review this category.

what would make more sense is instead on having one person assign to each approval case you have a group of all post approval people and anyone can give suggestions or help which would make the process much faster and easier. That what when a post for approval gets made anyone of you can see it and help us.

I just wanted to point something out, but just because full members don’t go through the post approval doesn’t mean our posts doesn’t get corrected by sages and individual people. Sages can edit the posts of other people, including the posts of full members.

2 Likes

If you mean “why don’t we let new members post bug reports/feature requests and just let them be flagged”, it’s because we can know before hand that won’t work.

1. Rarely will a new member get a thread right on the first try (or even the first few tries). There’s no reason this would change if we just gave them access directly.
  2. The engineers read bug reports, if it’s full of bad threads that are flag worthy, one of two things happens.
    a. They read the threads before they get flagged, realize they’re bad, and eventually stop reading bug reports since there’s more bad than good.
    b. They read bug reports, see there’s a flurry of flagged threads, there’s more flagged posts than non-flagged posts (we get a LOT of post approval requests), the category gets cluttered, and they stop reading it.

This is how it works. There’s just a lot of post approval requests, so our members would rather look at a new one than step on someone else’s toes.

2 Likes

In the bulletin board category there do not seem to be ‘a lot of requests’ from the amount of you guys on the forum, if you need more persons then you should remove inactive people from the post approval group and add more active ones because there are a lot of members on this forum with more knowledge than some of the post approval persons I have interacted with.

Right now, in our inbox, there are 17 post approval requests. 12 of those are bug reports. This number gets worse at high traffic times like weekends.

We regularly remove inactive post approval team members and added new ones a few days ago.

Please do not unnecessarily attack the post approval team members.

If you don’t mind me asking what is the ratio of approval requests to number of persons on the approval team? Does each person have to deal with less than 1 or more

Hi there. We currently don’t hold that kind of statistics on the ratio of approval request to number of PA. We’re currently looking into this and shall update where appropriate.

Please hold.

That’s a very common statistic for something of this nature, which would be helpful so your group can know the number of PA needed.

There really isn’t any need for a long explanation? What is the purpose of new members? To give everyone the opportunity to post their creations and ask for help.

Anyone can become a new member with hardly any effort and there would be an increase in the spam. I feel like it is fine as it is, considering the fact that that most bug reports/suggestions take under 48 hours to get reviewed.

1 Like

I do belive new members should not be able to post bug reports/feature requests.

However (it may just be me) the aproval process is rather slow. Taking over a day to get a single post approved. Again this may just be one case, however I think it needs some work!

2 Likes

You didn’t have to be disrespectful in replying to my post, a part of my post was edited out , it basically stated how disrespectful a member of that team was to me, I will not hash out the details, but I just wanted to clarify that I am not impatient just upset the way that my case was handled, the person from the PA team went as far by saying ‘if I behave like this no one will want to help you get your post moved’ - it was something along those lines. At that point i really wanted to make this post because he was basically saying that they can essentially prevent me from getting assistance, and I got frustrated.

The idea of speeding up the post approval process has been brought up before, you may read about it in the thread I linked above.

There’s nothing disrespectful in what @EchoReaper said in his reply, it’s truly how the post approval works, if your post has no potential changes, it will be moved to the respective category, otherwise it needs revision. As for the member of the PA who disrespected you, you could’ve settled that concern via PM instead of creating a whole post about it and throwing shade on that person.

Unless you were somehow being rude to whoever accomodated your approval request, it is very unlikely a PA member would just say these things to you with no context. Requesting a PA member to review your post is as simple as saying this:

If you think the request was somehow missed or ignored, send a follow up:

(Please note that this format may be outdated)

In addition, I can highly assure you that whatever setup we have on the forum right now was debated thoroughly by DevRel and highly qualified people like @buildthomas, they are actively creating ideas, concepts and plugins that will further improve everyone’s experience. This setup is for the benefit of everyone and we appreciate you bringing up this concern.

New members are able to report bugs, they can post them in #platform-feedback but they go to #bulletin-board automaticly

I kinda do agree that new members need to be able to report bugs too, without approval. Since today i reported a bug, what wasn’t reported yet. But since it needed to be approved, 2 hours later a member reported it also. Meaning mine was worthless and got the message it was already reported. Felt for me a bit like “you should have searched for it before reporting” but it wasn’t a thing yet when i made it.

So in these type of situations I kinda agree that new members should be able to report bugs faster.

1 Like

We’ll keep this in mind going forward, but it depends on whether the existing topic already has replies on it, and whether the existing topic frames the issue better or worse than the one still in post approval. We can probably do some merge magic to make sure the better/earlier post gets the first post in some of these situations, sure.

1 Like

You can’t really post bugs as a new member because of what you just described, the reason why it goes there is for it to be approved first by a team of community post approvers, which may take quite some time. This is what most of my post speaks to.

1 Like

Okay, if this is because of how disrespectful a member of that team was, then this should be a private matter discussed with moderators or whatever. But if this is about why New Members have to go through the approval process,

1. The reason behind the approval process has been stated multiple times, and

2. Examples - and true arguments - have been given to you.

All in all, I just think that this argument is getting pointless now.

2 Likes

Can this be fixed already? Are we waiting for infinity? How many years do you have to dev before you can post a Feature Request or Bug Report? Apparently its longer than 3 years.

FIX THIS!

Do we need to ‘occupy Roblox’ with signs or what?

3 Likes

This is an old thread, there are dozens of open threads in #forum-help:forum-features about this that are more recent.