New monetisation option and immersive ad

Roblox add ad UI’S and ad videos

Display UIS.
UI interfaces that the creator of an experience can include and show in different menus, for example.

Display videos.
These can be seen on Billiboard GUIS and UIs. There are different lengths.

3sec
6sec
12sec
15sec
18sec
21sec
25sec
30sec
Videos of this length can be uploaded by advertisers.
A creator can display for the screen UI e.g.
AdService:PlayVideoAd()

and can choose a length between
3-12 sec
12-18sec and
18-15
and super long 30 sec.
one of the videos available for these lengths is then selected and played. it is not the range but the length of the video actually played that is paid for.

It costs the advertisers according to the length.
The developer is also paid money according to the length.
For example, free shop purchases are made possible.
This concept can also be found in other programmes.

This concept would also give creators new opportunities to earn money without disadvantaging people with little, little or no financial means. And users with a lot of robux can also save their robux. It would also give advertising companies new opportunities and maybe they could even make contracts with roblox to have their ads shown more often. With the videos you could also add the function skip, for the people who prefer to pay robux (according to the length) and so don’t waste their time with it.
The payment for videos is made up of the length and is added to the criteria of whether the video can be seen and how good it is.
This was concept 1 for video advertising
Concept 2:
Concept 2 is like concept 1 only more for developers, because with this ad players can join the experience.

Both concepts are to be implemented according to PolicyService.
By paid I always meant in Robux, or the advertisers can pay in Robux or real money, so that creators can also use these ads well.

I hope you see the potential.
If you have any questions for datail, please ask

Love greetings

5 Likes

I actually think this is a pretty good idea, as long as there’s safe guards. There needs to be some system to ensure it only plays ads if the user clicks a button. Maybe also a limit to the maximum number of ads that can be shown in an hour too.

It would be great to allow people who can’t buy robux to get paid items in game, and developers to earn some robux of people who won’t spend robux in their game.

4 Likes

Unlike most other Roblox features, ads are something that Roblox can’t necessarily control (brands need to show interest in an ad type in order for such to be added), as a result, unfortunately most of the “implementation wants” are up to debate with advertisers, not developers or Roblox.

This is subjective, what qualifies an ad as “good”? Subjectivity is never a good thing when it comes to monetization.

It’s likely infeasible to give developers control over this, what about if Roblox has an abundance of 18 second ads (also, why is that so specific?) yet the developer requests a 12 second ad. The developer and Roblox are now missing out on valuable revenue because of the absence of ads in that length category.

I don’t think you mentioned what “concept 2” is?

This should be at the developers volition, functionality such as this shouldn’t be baked into such feature, in my opinion.

There is almost certainly a reason why most ads cannot be purchased with Robux so I highly doubt this would be any different.

Preferably, this topic could be rephrased to focus around the absence of video ads in-experience rather than a specific solution to “solve it”, since as you can see, developers such as myself have different wants and needs for such feature if it were to be added and as a result, I can’t support this topic even though I agree with the high-level issue.

1 Like

This part was implemented :partying_face:

I guess this got added with RDC 23/24.