New occasional 2SV checks with verified email

This is a great change on ROBLOX’s part, hopefully this will prevent old accounts with easy to guess passwords be stolen with verified Emails.

However as people previous to me posting this said. It is especially important that more options for 2FA are given. These should include and not be limited to:
FIDO2 Security Keys
U2F Security Keys
Yubikey OTP
Authenticator Apps (Google Authenticator, Authy, Etc)

This would make ROBLOX security increased by an exponential amount.

5 Likes

It’s great that Roblox adds this, as it can drastically reduce account theft. :+1:

4 Likes

Looks like we’re finally heading into the right direction. This is nowhere near where we need to be for security purposes but it’s a good start. It’s extremely flawed but this should help with it.

4 Likes

I kinda like this update so if we got scammed the scammer need to get the code for 2-Step soo yea great…

2 Likes

Ok this is cool and all but what are we going to do about the already botted clothes? EDIT: Posted under wrong post

4 Likes

Good question I wan’t know also

1 Like

I have a concern about this update.
What if a said user doesnt have access to their said email anymore?
How would they be able to login to their account?

5 Likes

This new 2SV update is definitely a step in the right direction.
After multiple developers, content creators, and users in general have had their accounts comped, this is part of the change we expect from Roblox.

2 Likes

If a user has lost access to their email set to their Roblox account, they can contact Roblox Support via email to help get their account back. Personally, I find it best to supply them with information like:

Bank/PayPal statements from Roblox transactions
The billing email address used on the account

4 Likes

Yea I like that idea but… What if someone deleted the app or accidently deleted?

1 Like

Ah great question, usually services with 2FA create a recovery code for the user, but now this would be off topic for this post.

2 Likes

Thank you ROBLOX! This is a very great update, because a lot of people who lost their account did not have 2 step verification, and this update makes less people losing accounts.

I have a suggestion, please enable 2 step verification for trading, because I think that it makes trading a lot safer from scammers.

1 Like

I really do like this idea in all honesty, but from the looks of it you’re lacking some sort of information. For many newer users they might see this 2SV as they’re being hacked, kicked out, etc. I’d be nice to have some text saying an Automatic Surprise Verifications.

3 Likes

It is best to improve these to protect your account. A lot of people could easily get someone’s password so having the 2-step makes it impossible to get in without a email and password from that users account. Keep improving for the better.

3 Likes

But when exactly are you prompted with this? Periodical intervals would deal a number against bot accounts.

3 Likes

Reminds me of this patent I’ve stumbled across some time ago:

3 Likes

It is all good, but some developers that had all security setting enabled like pin-code, 2SV and strong password gettinf hackedd. Not even once, it looks fair to make one reroll of account but when you getting hacked third time in a row and losing thousands of USD make your job in nothing. All what you did for a years just dissapeared. That’s the reason why some advanced roblox developers that’ve been on this platform for many years switching roblox to something another.

2 Likes

This is going to be horrific considering I’ve made hundreds of accounts over the years and not every one of them I remember the emails to.

2 Likes

This is good. But Wont stop barely anything lol Just add PIN Option to sell and buy limiteds on catalog this would prevent a lot of compromising and Tell your entire roblox support team about people abusing it to get into accounts This why Scriptskater got hacked 3 times

3 Likes

Holy cow this guy has a good point. Please do that, Roblox it would be amazing. Buying any item requires an account pin would be awesome!

2 Likes