New package not showing across game universe

1TvWb3sBVp
I have recently created new Packages within a group owned game but they do not seem to be sharing correctly within the game universe in studio.

An older Package “ShadowParts” functions normally. On the right side is the starter place and on the left is a place within the game universe. All other packages do not seem to sync to the other place. I did a quick test and was able to inser the asset using game.InsertService:LoadAsset() but the package link is not created.

After closing studio and opeing it up again I find that the test2 package no longer displays. This is strange as there is no function available for removing a Package from a game (this functionality would be really nice to have).
tqoV2CmuSp

List of package ids
ShadowParts - Roblox working package
Modeltest - Roblox testing package
Deleted - Roblox

1 Like

To make the package show up in Game Explorer, the place needs to be published before the package sync to another place.

Both places use team create. I am not sure if this is a factor?

The process I followed:-

• open main place
  • open sub place
  • publish to roblox (both places)
  • create new package id 4603999951
  • refresh

I am still not able to see the newly created package in the sub place game explorer. I have published both places again to be sure and reopened studio.

• open main place
  • open sub place
  • publish to roblox (both places)
  • create new package id 4603999951
  • Publish the place that has the new package
  • refresh

Please let me know if this doesn’t work.

From my previous test I did publish the place after the package failed to load.

But your comment gave me an idea to test and I think that I have found the issue :smiley:

For publishing I have been using “Publish to Roblox” as I am in team create. This did not sync any new packages over the other place which is the confusing part.

Using “Publish to Roblox To…” then uploading to the same place(the starter place) did sync the packages. Is there a way I can remove the test packages from the game universe?
RobloxStudioBeta_8q6gu3IAmE

Thanks for the step to reproduce. We will address the “Publish to Roblox” issue.

To remove a package from Game Universe, please delete this package from all places (datamodels) of this game and then publish all the related places.

[InternalTicket#21655]

1 Like

Hey, please use the new asset manager. The issue should have been resolved. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.